Let’s learn “how to solve circular seating arrangement problem” either facing inside or outside. As you know now a days many competitive exams asking questions from the Seating arrangement (Sitting Arrangement) part. So it’s became very popular and stressful too for the students to solve these type of problem within the time. In the previous tutorial we discussed about How to solve linear seating arrangement problem. Now this time to start How to solve circular seating arrangement problem easily:
First of all you must have to know about the all three types of seating arrangement problem:
- Facing Inside or Toward the center
- Facing Outside or Away the center
- Some facing Inside and Some outside the center
Generally questions come from the first two parts and these are the most important to know. So let’s know some basics of Circular seating arrangement
- In circular seating arrangement people can sit in any circular manner around any circular thing either it is a circle on ground or chairs or around a circular table.
- To solve seating arrangement easily, you have to involve yourself in the question for example: You can imagine yourself at the top or the bottom of the circle.
Benefits of Getting involved yourself is
- you can easily visualize the problem.
- You will not get confused with the left and right or Clockwise or anticlockwise.
If People are Facing Inside or Inwards
- If you are assuming yourself at the top then you are at front of E; B,C, D are at your left and H, G, F are at your right side.
- If you are assuming yourself at bottom then you are at front of A; B,C, D are at your right and H, G, F are at your left side. (Close your eyes and try to visualize this)
- Your right hand side is anticlockwise.
- Your Left hand side is Clockwise.
Key Point: Set only one place for yourself for all questions either top or bottom.
If People are Facing Outside or Outwards or away:
- If you are assuming yourself at the top then you are at back of E; B,C, D are at your right and H, G, F are at your left side.
- If you are assuming yourself at bottom then you are at back of A; B,C, D are at your left and H, G, F are at your right side.
- Your right hand side is clockwise.
- Your Left hand side is anticlockwise.
Try to visualize this and you will get a clear view about the left right and Clock wise and anticlockwise.
Note: To save time always make lines instead of a circle according to the members as shown in the figure below:
Steps to Solve Circular Seating Arrangement Problem:
So that was the basic now take an example to solve the Circular seating arrangement problem step by step:
- Read all the given points very very carefully.
- Find out the sentence that is giving the exact information about the 1 or 2 persons and place it/them on the lines.
- Now find out the matched information related to this point. If existed then place that person according to the given information. if not then goto the 4th point
- Now again try to find out the sentence with exact or relative information. If you are getting a point in which you are confused with two person, then place them at both place by putting Slash ” /” or you can make two diagram to solve that ( by making two diagram the chances of correctness will increase but it will take some more time).
- Repeat the 4th point again and again.
Ummmm May be Dimag ke upar se nikal gaya na ? 😀 😀 Don’t worry let’s take an example to solve this Circular seating arrangement easily 😉
Question: Eight people A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a table facing toward center, but not exactly in the same order.
- E is sitting in front of D.
- F is 3rd Left to B and neighbor of G.
- A is 3rd left to D.
- B is sitting in between D & H.
Explanations: First read all points very carefully. I think you read now. Let’s move to the next point that is selecting the exact position sentence and here first and 3rd giving the exact information. That means you can choose either 1st or 3rd 🙂
So let’s first place E in front of D.
Now from the second point we are not getting enough information. So let’s move on to the 3rd point and place A on the 3rd left point of D.
Now come to the next point and now H can be either left hand side of D or right hand side. So for that we have to make 2 figure and place H and B according to the given data.
Now we have two seating arrangement and one point left to solve this problem i.e. F is 3rd left to B. Now it is crystal clear that our first arrangement is wrong and this statement is best fit in the second arrangement. Also place G neighbor to the F.
Place the C at the vacant place. That’s it Problem Finished and now you can answer the questions based on this seating arrangement.
To fir ek test attempt krna to banta hai yar 😀 😀
let’s solve this question and come back -> Circular Seating arrangement Question Test
Now to Solve the problems facing outwards or away from the center follow the same steps with given information.
You can also Check: How to solve direction sense problem easily
- To solve circular seating arrangement easily, draw two figures when you have confusion between two persons and place the upcoming persons in both of figures.
- Don’t draw lines too long or too short, Long lines may take more time to draw and short line can create confusion.
That’s not the end 🙂 I will give you some more different different step by step solutions of Circular seating arrangement problem. So that you can learn this topic to solve all type of seating arrangement questions with perfection.