National Milk Day observed in India on 26th Nov 2015 to mark 94th birth anniversary of the Father of the White Revolution Dr Verghese Kurien.
- The idea of observing National Milk Day was first mooted by Indian Dairy Association (IDA) in 2014 on the lines of World Milk Day that is observed on 1 June every year under the aegis of UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- Verghese Kurien is also known as the Milkman of India and the architect of Operation Flood.
Sunil Kanoria : President of ASSOCHAM.
- He succeeded Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank Managing Director and CEO.
- Kanoria has an impeccable record as an expert in the field of finance.
- He has been instrumental in bringing over 34000 crore rupees of consolidated assets under SREI which became one of the first NBFCs to get listed on the London Stock Exchange.
India successfully testfired nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile.
- The missile test was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near here at 1210 hrs.
- The surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines.
- It uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women observed.
- The day is observed to raise awareness about violence against women and discuss solutions that would work for women community.
Constitution Day observed on 26th Nov to spread awareness of Indian Constitution and its architecture Dr. B R Ambedkar.
- On the day in 1949, constitution of India was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950 marking the beginning of a new era in the history of free India.
- 2015 Constitution Day is the first edition of this day and part of year-long nationwide celebrations of 125th birth Anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar, Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Constituent Assembly. Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) is the nodal Ministry for celebration of Constitution Day.
Bihar CM Nitish announced liquor ban in Bihar from April 1.
- Bihar will go dry from April 1, 2016, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- The Chief Minister made the announcement — a part of his election pledge — at an official function to mark Prohibition Day here. He said the poorest of the poor had been consuming liquor, badly hitting their families and their children’s education.