GoI slashes Interest Rates on PF, KVP and Small Saving Schemes
- Interest rates on small-savings schemes, including the Public Provident Fund and Kisan Vikas Patra slashed.
- The new rates will come into effect on April 1 and will be valid till June 30.
- Rate under the PPF scheme will be cut to 8.1 per cent for the period from April 1 to June 30 from 8.7 per cent.
- Interest rate on the KVP will be cut to 7.8 per cent from 8.7 per cent, that on post office savings is retained at 4 per cent.
- The 5 year National Savings Certificates will earn interest at the rate of 8.1 per cent as against 8.5 per cent now.
- A five-year Monthly Income Account will fetch 7.8 per cent as opposed to 8.4 per cent now.
- The girl-child saving scheme, Sukanya Samriddhi Account, will have an interest rate of 8.6 per cent as against 9.2 per cent.
- The senior citizen savings scheme of five years will earn 8.6 per cent compared with 9.3 per cent.
- The rates on the post office term deposits are being cut from 8.4 per cent to 7.1 per cent for one-year time deposits, 7.2 per cent for two-year time deposits and 7.4 per cent for three-year time deposits.
Krishi Unnati Mela to be inaugurated in New Delhi
PM will Modi inaugurate three-day ‘Krishi Unnati Mela’ providing information on new farm schemes and technologies that will help farmers double their incomes within the next few years.
National fair, from March 19-21, will have separate workshops on key schemes like Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana, e-agriculture marketing, integrated farming system, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojan, soil health and livestock issues.
IoB become first bank to sell Indian Gold Coins
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has become the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin (IGC) in the domestic market.
It has tied up with Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India (MMTC) for the sale of IGC of 24 carat purity.
Indian Gold Coin has the national emblem “the Ashok Chakra” engraved on one side and the face of Mahatma Gandhi on the other side.
यदि नहीं तो अभी देखिये और अपनी परीक्षा की तैयारी के लिये अपडेट रहिये -
Turkey and EU reach landmark deal on refugees
Turkey and the EU have reached a controversial deal European leaders hope will stop the flow of refugees to the continent in return for political and financial concessions for Ankara.
The accord aims to close the main route by which a million people poured across the Aegean Sea to Greece in the last year before marching north to Germany and Sweden.
Under the agreement, Ankara would take back all refugees and others, including Syrians, who cross to Greece illegally across the sea.
Sudhir Raheja get extra charge as AAI Chairman
Airport Authority Of India (AAI) has given the additional charge of Chairman to Mr. Sudhir Raheja.
This is the 2nd time when Mr. Raheja has been entitled with the task of heading the national airport company.
Raheja was given the additional charge following the repatriation of the then acting Chairman Alok Sinha to his parent cadre, Uttar Pradesh in August , 2014.
Picture of Governors, CMs , minister allown in Govt Advt : SC
Supreme Court allowed now use of pictures of Chief Ministers, Governors and Cabinet ministers in the government’s media advertisements.
SC had earlier ruled that the advertisements could only have pictures of the President, Prime Minister and the Chief Justice of India.
The earlier order was aimed at removing the association between government policy and politicians.
Ram Vilas Paswan launches FCI’s Depot Online System
Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan on 17 March 2016 launched the Online Depot System in New Delhi to automate all the operations of FCI depots.
Key objective of the Depot Online System is to align with Digital India vision for transformation of food distribution supply chain in India.
The Depot Online System will be rolled out in all 554 FCI-owned godowns by July 2016.
India and Austrailia signed pact to avoid Double Social Security Contribution
Under this agreement, employees of India deputed to Australia and vice versa will not have to make double social security contribution.
Under this agreement Australia has become the 14th country with which India has a social security agreement in force.
The others in the list include Korea, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Hungry, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway and Switzerland.
India signed loan agreement worth 35 million dollar with World Bank
Agreement is signed for Madhya Pradesh citizen access to responsive services project.
The objective of the project is to improve access and quality of public services in the state.
Pfizer appointed S. Sridhar as new Managing Director for five years
The announcement came at the time of BSE filings and applied with the immediate effect from 18th March, 2016.
Mr. S. Sridhar has been working with Pfizer from past 10 years.
Prior to this these appointment with Pfizer, Mr. S. Sridhar has worked with Diageo India Pvt Ltd as the Finance Director.
Indian professor appointed as 56th president of International Studies Association
An Indian Professor has become the president of a scholarly group in the US dedicated to international studies.
Professor TV Paul took over as the 56th president of International Studies Association (ISA), at its annual convention at Atlanta, Georgia this week.
Tikka Shatrujit Singh knighted with Top French Award
Tikka Shatrujit Singh, the royal scion of Kapurthala’s Ahluwalia dynasty, has been conferred with the prestigious Knight of the Legion of Honour for his “extraordinary work in the exchanging the French lifestyle and Indian culture with each other.”
10th Asian Film Award : List of winners
10th edition of Asian Film Awards (AFA), which was held at the Venetian Theatre in Macau, China, honoured diverse talents across Asian cinema.
The prestigious awards ceremony was graced by a spectacular gathering of celebrities and industry professionals from different cities of Asia.
Awards won by Assassin :
Assassin wins more than half of the 15 awards presented in the Asian film awards :
- Best Film: The Assassin
- Best Director: Hou Hsiao-Hsien for The Assassin
- Best Actress: Shu Qi for The Assassin
- Best Supporting Actress: Zhou Yun for The Assassin
- Best Cinematography: Mark Lee Ping-bing for The Assassin
- Best Production Design: Hwarng Wern-ying for The Assassin
- Best Original Music: Lim Giong for The Assassin
- Best Sound: Chu Shih-yi, Tu Duu-chih and Wu Shu-yao for The Assassin.
Others Awards presented-
- Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun for The Inside Men
- Best Newcomer: Jessie Li for Port of Call
- Best Supporting Actor: Tadanobu Asano for Journey to the Shore
- Best Screenplay: Jia Zhangke for Mountains May Depart
- Best Editing: William Chang Suk-ping, Chu Ka-yat, Liao Ching-sung, Wong Hoi, Philip Yung for Port of Call
- Best Visual Effects: Prasad Sutar for Bajirao Mastani
- Best Costume Design: Lee Ji-yeon and Shim Hyun-seob for The Throne.