NOVEL CORONAVIRUS IN INDIA`S PERSPECTIVE
Earlier, the name of novel coronavirus was Coronaviruses (CoV) which belong to a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new virus that has not been previously identified in humans. This was reported firstly from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019. This virus is very deadly and contagious as it is spreading person to person and animal as well through air, coughing, touching, etc. It is troubling globally.
WHO has started working with global experts, governments, partners and related disciplined experts to rapidly expand scientific knowledge on this new virus, to track the spread and virulence of the virus, and to provide consultancy to different countries and individuals on measures to protect health and prevent the spread of this outbreak of virus in various countries.
Common signs of infection include:-
- respiratory symptoms,
- shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- In more serious cases, infection can lead to pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
There are various people in china who are infected with this deadly virus which is now widely spreading other countries as well including India. There are various reports when India rescued Indians from china to take back them to their mother or home land but earlier they were not infected after few days they were observing the symptom of the virus. Now, they are in quarantine from other in hospital or confined places so that this contagious disease could be stopped from spreading other.
This virus is unstoppable as there is no antivirus. So the prevention is the best method to protect yourself from this, stay away from the sea product or cook properly before eating any raw meat products.
What are the prevention for this virus?
The measures to avoid spreading this to prevent infection by following these Standard recommendations which are :-
- regular hand wash,
- cover mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing ,
- going outside cover with face mask,
- thoroughly cooking meat and eggs,
- Stay away from close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as cough and sneeze.
- If someone observes these symptoms he/she immediately needs to visit doctor. So that he/she can be treated immediately and other can be protected from this contagious virus spreading deadly disease.
- WHO ( World Health Organization) has declared an international emergency over the novel coronavirus from china(Wuhan). The organization has declared emergency as the disease has spread over more than 18 other countries as well apart from it originated.
- India has stopped importing goods, raw materials and other goods which are usually imported from china at lower cost in comparison to other countries which impacted various traders as the cost of imported goods from china was cheaper than other countries.
- Airways are also stopped going to china. People are advised not to visit infected places as it is an contagious disease which is spreading globally.
- India`s government had rescued various Indians who were stuck in china because of their official works , studies, vacations, etc.
- Now, there are various upcoming news that people who were rescued from china, are being infected with this deadly virus I.e. novel coronavirus which has no antivirus discovered by scientists.
- WHO has decided to invent antivirus for this novel coronavirus but it will take more than one year for antivirus to be prepared.
- In India, where few people are identified infected from this virus were quarantine in the hospital for their treatment and prevent other people from them, as it is communicable disease which can be pass from one people to another.
- Various meetings are cancelled due the outbreak of this virus.
What’s the prospective of this virus prevention?
WHO has suggested that this outbreak is a test of solidarity of political, financial and scientific. We, the people of any country need to come together to fight a common enemy that does not respect borders, ensure that we have the resources necessary to bring this outbreak to an end and bring our best scientist, doctors and researchers to the forefront to find shared answers to the shared problems. Research is an important part of the outbreak response,” said WHO.
WHO hosted the meeting in association with GloPID-R (the Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness) brought together major research funders and over 300 scientists and researchers from a large variety of disciplines. They discussed all facets of the outbreak and ways to control it with:-
- the natural history of the virus, its transmission and diagnosis;
- animal and environmental research on the origin of the virus, including management measures at the human-animal interface;
- epidemiological studies;
- clinical characterization and management of disease caused by the virus;
- prevention and control are the best ways to protect health care workers;
- research and development for candidate therapeutics and vaccines;
- ethical considerations for research;
- and collaboration with social sciences into the outbreak response.
In this meeting, they have discussed about from where and how this virus originated and spread globally. The prevention from this virus, people need to take care of themselves as no antivirus has been prepare yet. From different fields of experts have discussed how to deal with this and make antivirus for this deadly virus. Antivirus for this will take more than one year to be prepared by the scientists. Till then take proper care of yourselves.