11 June 2015 : Daily Current Affairs / Gk / GA: Delhi gets new Law minister Kapil Mishra after the resignation of jiternder singh tomar following his arrest in fake degree case.
- Kapil mishra is 34 year old. He represents Karawal Nagar Assembly seat.
- Prakash badal awarded Sant Namdev National award for 2015.
First ever trilateral dialogue held among India, Japan and Austrailia on 9 june 2015.
- The talk was attended by india’s foreign secretary S Jaishankar Japanese vice foreign minister Akitaka Saiki and Australian secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Varghese.
- Next Round of talk will be held in Tokyo, Japan.
Punjab CM Prakash Singh badal conferred with prestigious 14th Sant Namdev National Award at a function in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He was awarded for for promotion of peace, communal harmony and universal brotherhood.
Amazon, the global e-commerce and cloud services firm opened a Fulfilment Centre near Hyderabad in Telangana on 10 June 2015.
- It is the biggest such facility for Amazon in the country having previously established 10 Fulfilment Centres across seven states.
- The firm is also planning to set up its biggest global campus outside of the US in Hyderabad.
Hemant Kanitkar, former indian cricketer died after a prolonged illness on 9th June 2015 at his residence in Pune, Maharastra.
- He has scored around 5006 runs at an average of 42.78 with 13 centuries and 23 half centuries in his first class carrier.
- After retirement from first class cricketer, he also served as coach and selector for Maharashtra and and chaired the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) All-India Junior Selection Committee from 1996-97 and 1998-99.
- Also Read : What is cheque and Cheque Truncation System 2010
Union Cabinet, chaired by the PM Narendra Modi gave its approval for the proposal to promulgate the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015.
- The intended ordinance will amend the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (The NI Act) that is focused on clarifying the jurisdiction related issues for filing cases for offence committed under section 138 of the NI Act.
- Earlier on 13 May 2015, the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed in Lok Sabha with a voice vote, but was not introduced in the Rajya Sabha
African leaders signed the Tripartite Free Trade Area (TFTA) pact paving the way for creating Africa’s largest free-trade zone.
- The pact was signed by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn of Ethiopia and Mohamed Bilal, Vice-President of Tanzania at the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite Summit 2015 held at the Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
Also Download : Yuvayana Monthly Current Affairs Digest Pdf May 2015
PayZapp, a complete digital payment and purchase solution launched by HDFC Bank.
- It will allow customers to manager credit or debit card detail, recharge and pay bills, use virtual card and also send money through a wallet and shop also.
- Available to all customers of HDFC bank who will be allowed to use both visa and master type of cards.
- Can be downloaded on Android Pone from google play store from 15th June 2015 onwards.
- Customer who want to use should register using mobile number.
- Mobile number will act as login ID
- It will also allow a customer to apply for loans or purchase of insurance plan.
INS Vikrant, india’s maiden indigenous aircraft carrier was on 10 June 2015 undocked at the Cochin Shipyard in Kochi, Kerala. The structural work of the ship was completed and undocking was part of the second phase of work on the carrier, which is expected to be complete by 2017. It will undergo basin trials in 2017 and is expected to be inducted into the Navy by 2018 end.
James Last , German composer and Big Band leader died on 9 June 2015 in Florida after battling a short illness.
- He was 86. He sold more than 80 million records worldwide and was best known for pop hits in a big-band style.
- He was famous for his easy-listening recordings of pop hits which included Creedence Clearwater Revival’s Proud Mary.