World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) was observed on 10 September 2105.
- Theme : Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives
- The day is observed, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world.
100 Percent FDI under automatic route for white label ATMs.
- Union Cabinet allows 100 per cent FDI under the automatic route for white label ATM operations.
- It was approved in the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by PM Narender Modi in New Delhi.
- It will ease the FDI inflows in WLAO and boost the govt’s ambitious effort to promote financial inclusion.
Gandhi Peace Prize 2014 : Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) conferred with Gandhi Peace Prize for year 2014.
- ISRO was selected for this award in march 2015 for contribution in development of space technology and satellite based services.
- ISRO Chairman A S Kiran Kumar received the award at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhawan in new Delhi.
Three day South Asian Sub Regional Drug Focal Point meeting begins in New Delhi.
- Sub-Regional Drug Focal Point Meeting and Colombo Plan Drug Advisory Programme (CPDAP), South Asia under the Drug Demand Reduction (DDR) Expert Group Consultation begun in New Delhi.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the meeting and it was organized by Narcotics Control Bureau(NCB).
- To review the progress of the Drug Demand and Supply Reduction activities in the South Asia region.
- To facilitate exchange of views between delegates on technical aspects of the drug cooperation programme.
- CPDAP will provide a great platform to coordinate among different countries fighting for the cause of drug menace.
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) to raise Rs. 700 crore tax free secured non convertible bonds.
- Government has approved the company’s raising Rs. 1,000 crore through tax free bonds, including Rs. 700 crore through public issue.
- According to statement, the issue will be for an amount of Rs. 400 crore (“Base issue size“) with an option to retain over subscription of up to Rs. 300 crore for issuance of additional bonds aggregating a total of up to Rs. 700 crore (“issue size“) fiscal 2016 (“issue“).
Download : Computer Capsule for Bank exams
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher was on 7 September 2015 conferred with the Honoured Guest of Texas award for his contribution to the cinema and the world of art.
- He received the award by Deputy Mayor of Houston Ed Gonzalez on behalf of Texas Governor Greg Abbot.
National Offshore Wind Energy Policy got approval from union cabinet.
- It seeks to generate electricity from offshore windmills located in areas within Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of the country.
- Offshore wind power projects and R&D activities will be carried in waters up to the seaward distance of 200 Nautical Miles (EEZ of the country) from the base line.
- Union Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) will be nodal Ministry.
- National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) will be nodal agency for allocation of offshore Wind Energy blocks.
Haryana banned on manufacturing, storage, distribution and sale of gutka, pan masala, flavored or scented tobacco, kharra and other similar products containing tobacco.
- The decision was taken in interest of public health.
- Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) issued notification in this regard.
- It prohibits the sale and purchase of tobacco products for one year starting from 3 September 2015.
Download: Current Affairs Pdf
India signs deal with Indonesia for cooperation in criminal matters.
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs published an official gazette notification for service or execution of summons or warrant in relation to criminal matters in both countries in this regard.
- India will execute summons to an accused person (or any person) requiring to produce documents and attend or a search-warrant issued by an Indonesian court.
- Indonesia will reciprocate with similar action to execute summons if there is any request from any Indian court.