Union cabinet gave its approval for MoU between India , Nepal for petroleum pipeline construction.
- Union Cabinet approved a MoU between India and Nepal for construction of petroleum products pipeline from Raxaul (Bihar) in India to Amlekhgunj in Nepal.
- The MoU seeks to promote bilateral cooperation in the oil and gas sector between both neighbouring countries and secure long term supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
- In the first phase it will be constructed by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) on behalf of Indian Government at a cost of 200 crore rupees. IOC will be also engaged in re-engineering and construction of the Amlekhgunj Depot and allied facilities.
Justice Jayant Patel appointed as acting Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court.
- He will replace Justice VM Sahai who retired as acting chief justice on superannuation.
- Justice Patel (59) hails from Veraval town in Junagadh district, graduated in commerce and law from MS University. He started practicing law in 1979.
- During his three-decade career as advocate, he had appeared for Union government, Railways and Income Tax department.
- He was elevated as an Additional Judge of the High Court in 2001 and confirmed as a permanent judge in 2004.
Indian Railways signed 4 MoUs with Union Power and New & Renewable Energy ministry.
- The four MoUs are signed with an aim for energy conservation, transmission and solarisation.
- Both will cooperate in the filed of electricity transmission, promotion of renewable energy and energy conservation in a time bound manner.
Amitabh Bachchan roped in as Maharashtra’s Tiger Ambassador as bollywood megastar accepted the proposal of Maharashtra Forest Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar, to be the tiger ambassador of the state.
- Aim : To promote eco-tourism, especially tiger tourism in Maharashtra, Mungantiwar had requested Amitabh Bachchan to represent the state as its tiger ambassador.
- The 72-year-old actor has communicated his consent to Mungantiwar on Monday through a letter.
- Mungantiwar had written letter to Bachchan on July 29 on the occasion of World Tiger Day.
Himachal Pradesh got new Governor as Acharya Dev Vrat took the oath as 27th Governor of Himachal Pradesh at oath taking ceremony held in Raj Bhawan, Shimla.
- The oath was taken in Sanskrit and it was administered by Chief Justice of the Himachal High Court, Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir as per provisions of Article 159 of Constitution.
About Acharya Dev Vrat :
- Acharya Dev Vrat is an eminent educationist and hails from Haryana.
- He was born on 18 January 1959.
- He holds double post-graduate in History and Hindi from the Punjab and Kurukshetra University, respectively. He also has studied Naturopathy and Yogic Science.
- He has also authored several books including Gurukul Kurukshetra ka Gauravshali Itihaas, Swasthya ka Anmol Marg – Prakritik Chikitsa (Hindi and English editions) besides, editing various magazines and translation works.
Sudhakar Shetty from Maharashtra elected as the president of the Gymnastics Federation of India (GFI) on 12 August 2015.
- He replaces Jaspal Singh Kandhari.
- Elections for the four year term were attended by 35 members from 18 States and Units.
- The elections were held with Justice P K Bhasin (Retired Judge of Delhi High Court) acting as the Returning Officer in the presence of HS Bhadu, IOA Observer and R K Saxena, Government Observer.
Elected office-bearers are
- Sudhakar Shetty – President
- Shantikumar Singh – General secretary
- Gian Singh – treasurer
- Riyaz Bhati – vice president
- Ranjeet Vasava and Anil Mishra – Joint secretaries
- Makarand Joshi – Executive member
Sourva Ganguly appointed the social ambassador of Coca-cola for 3 years replacing Sachin Tendulkar.
- Besides the cricket association, Ganguly will lead Coca-Cola’s football programmes and run various grassroots football activities.
- Ganguly has also volunteered to be a part of the Coca-Cola Support My School movement – a programme that promotes the cause of healthy schools.
- Rival Pepsi-Co, too, has cricketers MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli as the faces of its brands.
Union Cabinet approved the spectrum sharing guidelines based on recommendations of TRAI.
- The decision seeks to to improve spectral efficiency and quality of telecom service across the country.
- Spectrum sharing will be allowed only for the access service providers in the first instance in a Licensed Service Area (LSA).
- In this case both spectrum license holders should have spectrum in the same band and have paid market price for it.
Uninor signs deal worth Rs 1200 cr with Chinese firm huawei for modernizing its network.
- Uninor is a subsidiary of Norway’s telecom major Telenor has inked an agreement worth 1,200 crore rupees with Chinese firm Huawei for modernising and managing its network across six circles in the country.
- The advancement of payment will be done in phase manner for three years. As per the partnership Huawei will modernise and manage Uninor’s network by making it future ready for 4G network and internet service.
- Accordingly Huawei India will modernise its entire telecom network across all six operating telecom circles in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, UP (East), UP (West), Bihar (including Jharkhand), which as of now has 24,000 base stations.
Now Attempt : Free IBPS PO / MT Pre 2015 speed test / Mock test paper
1500- MW ulra mega solar power park sanctioned by government for Andhra Pradesh.
- The 1,500 MW ultra mega solar park will be setup in Kadapa district by NTPC, which will the third mega park of over 1,000 MW to be taken up by the state.
- Earlier two mega parks of 1,000 MW each were executed by NTPC at Anantapur and Kurnool districts, respectively.
- Apart from the above projects the state utility Andhra Pradesh Genco has also approved a move to set up a 500 MW (250×2) solar park in Anantapur.
- According to sources, Andhra Pradesh Government has set target to develop over 9,000 MW energy from renewable sources by 2019.