22 June 2015 daily current affairs / GK / GA: HAL hands over ‘Orbiter Craft Module Structure’ of Chandrayaan-2 to ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC).
- The Orbiter Craft Module structure is a 3 tonne category bus structure made out of a central composite cylinder, shear webs and deck panels.
- The Chandrayaan-2 mission is aimed at placing an Orbiter around the moon and sending a Lander and Rover to the surface of the moon. It will be launched by a Geo-Stationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-MKII).
- HAL partnered and supported ISRO throughout its journey by providing hardware for satellites, SLV, ASLV, PSLV, GSLVMKII and GSLV MKIII (LVM3).
The book Benazir Bhutto: A Multidimensional Portrait wriiten by Dr Anna Suvorova of Russia was released on 26 May 2015. It was written by Dr Anna Suvorova of Russia.
- The book is devoted to the life and work offormer Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto (1953-2007).
- She was the first female head of government in a Muslim state.
- The book is based on Bhutto’s own books, articles and speeches and on the author’s interviews with her close friends and colleagues.
The book Beyond Doubt: A Dossier on Gandhi’s Assassination was in news in the third week of June 2015.
- It was compiled and introduced by Indian civil rights activist Teesta Setalvad and published by Tulika Books.
- It is a collection of archival documents of the government and translation of works in Marathi, Guajarati and Hindi related to assassination of Mahatma Gandhi on 30 June 1948.
National Stock Exchange (NSE) on 22 June 2015 operationalised the Overnight Liquid Transaction facility on its web-based Mutual Fund Service System (MFSS) platform.
- The platform was launched on 19 June 2015. The facility allows the participants to place purchase and redemption orders simultaneously in liquid schemes.
- This facility will only be available on MFSS Web based platform and in Physical mode only.
- Earlier in May 2015, a similar product was introduced by Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) which has so far seen daily transactions of worth 400-500 crore rupees.
India ranked at 61st position in terms of foreigners’ money in Swiss banks.
- This was revealed by latest data released by Swiss National Bank (SNB), the central bank of Switzerland, in the fourth week of June 2015.
- Indians’ money in Swiss banks declined by over 10 percent to about 1.8 billion Swiss francs (1.98 billion US dollars or 12615 crore rupees) in 2014.
Austrian Grand Prix Formula One(F1) : Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany wins the Austrian Grand Prix Formula One (F1) World Championship title.
- It is Rosberg’s eleventh overall championship title and the third win in the 2015 season.
- First was the Spanish Formula 1 World Championship title won on May 10, 2015 and second was Monaco Grand Prix on May 24, 2015.
- Nico Rosberg had also won the Austrian Grand Prix of 2014 season which was maiden win for Mercedes on this track.
- Runner Up : Lewis Hamiltion (Mercedes) from United Kingdom : He was placed at the second position while Felipe Massa (Williams) from Brazil was placed at the third position. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) from Germany stood at the fourth position.