Dronacharya, Dhyan Chand, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Awards 2015 annonuced by Government.
Here is the list of recipients of Dronacharya Awards, Dhyan Chand Awards and Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar for year the 2015.
List of Dronacharya Award 2015 Recipients :
- Naval Singh : Athletics Para-sports coach
- Anoop Singh : Wrestling coach
- Harbans Singh : Athletics coach
- Swatantar Raj Singh : Boxing coach
- Nihar Ameen : Swimming coach.
List of Dhyan Chand Award 2015 Recipients :
- Romeo James : Hockey
- Shiv Prakash Mishra : Tennis
- P.P Nair : Volleyball
Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2015 :
- Directorate General of Military Training (DGMT) : for identifying and nurturing of young talent in sports
- Coal India Limited (CIL) : for encouraging sports through Corporate Social Responsibility
- Haryana State Police : For employing sportspersons and sports welfare measures
- Sports Coaching Foundation (SCF) : For development of sports
President Pranab Mukherjee will deliever the awards at a special function at Rashtrapati Bhawan to be held on 29 August 2015.
Arogya Rajasthan Compaign approved in Rajasthan State Cabinet meet chaired by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on 25 August 2015.
- The campaign is scheduled to be held from December 2015 to March 2016.
- The three-month campaign will help in collection and compilation of health data of the rural population in the state.
- During the campaign, the rural residents would be issued health cards based on spot diagnoses.
- The cards would be used for further treatment and follow-up of patients.
- The cabinet also approved a drive to collect health information of citizens to build an online datatbase, which will be held between 15 September and 31 October 2015.
- The campaign Health camps will be organised at gram panchayat level and every citizen will be issued a Health Card.
Union Govt announced to implement framework for Disaster Reducation 2015-2030.
- The announcement was made by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Kiren Rijiju after inaugurating a workshop on Enhancing Private Sector Partnership for Disaster Risk Reduction in New Delhi.
- It was adopted during the third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan in March 2015. Its adaptation involves adopting integrated and inclusive institutional measures in order to work towards preventing vulnerability to disaster.
- It also aims to increase preparedness for response and recovery and strengthen resilience in case of disaster.
- It opts for considering the experience gained through international and the regional strategies/institutions and plans for disaster risk reduction.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated birth centenary celebrations of freedom fighter Rani Gaidinliu on 24th august 2015.
- He launched commemorative coin of 100 rupees and circulation coin of 5 rupees of Rani Gaidinliu to mark her birth centenary celebrations.
About Rani Gaidinliu :
- Rani Gaidinliu was a Naga political and spiritual leader who had led a revolt against British colonial rule in India.
- Her political struggle in present North east India was based on Gandhian principles of Satyagraha, non-violence, self-reliance.
- She also had played an important role in India’s wider freedom movement by spreading the message of Gandhi ji in Manipur region.
- She had participated in the freedom struggle at a very young age of 13 after she came under the influence Heraka religious movement.
- Union Government has instituted one of five Stree Shakti Puruskar in honour her in 2000.
- In 2010, state owned Hindustan shipyard Ltd. had launched an in-shore patrol vessel for the Indian coast guard named as Rani Gaidinliu.
UK to finance Kolkata’s Climate action programme.
- UK will fund a capacity building programme for making Kolkata a low carbon city.
- Ahead of implementation of the UK-Kolkata Municipal Corporation joint programme, the UK Minister of State for International Development, Desmond Swayne, was present on Sunday at an workshop for sensitising the Councillors of the city’s 16 boroughs.
- The programme would cover over 20 multi-sectoral projects, including rooftop solar plant, a mobility plan, a master plan for energy-efficient street lighting, a disaster management plan and a green city business and investment plan.
- With the launch of the roadmap later this year, Kolkata will be one of the first mega cities in India to have a comprehensive strategy to address climate change through a sustainable urban development model
India, Austrailia signed MOU for cooperation in field of education , Training and Research.
- The MoU was signed by Union minister (HRD) Smriti Irani and her counterpart Christopher Pyne MP, Minister for Education and Training of Australia.
- It was signed during the 3rd meeting of the Australia-India Education Council (AIEC) held in New Delhi.
- The MoU aims to intensify existing partnerships between both countries in higher education & research, including professional and technical education, vocational education, schools and training.
- It also seeks to open up new and innovative areas of cooperation.
Download : Yuvayana Computer Capsule – 2015 for bank exams <- Click here
MCX signed pact with Gift Special Economic Zone for trading platform.
- MCX signed a memorandum of understanding with Gift Special Economic Zone, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City, for setting up an electronic platform to facilitate trading in different asset classes for international investors.
- The agreement is in line with similar commitment provided by BSE, NSE and Ncdex.
- MCX will set up a facility for clearing and settlement of securities, commodities, interest rates, currencies, other classes of assets and derivatives to international investors at the one-of-a-kind financial centre being developed at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
War museums at Jaisalmer, Laungewala station inaugurated bt Lt Gen Ashok Singh general officer, commanding-in-chief, Southern Command.
- War museums were built recently at the military stations of Jaisalmer and Yuddhsthal at Laungewala to showcase the traditional bravery of the Indian Army.
- The Jaisalmer War Museum is located 10 km from Jaisalmer on the Jodhpur highway. The museum has two large information display halls, an audio visual room, a well stocked souvenir shop and a cafeteria.
- The war museum at Loungewala has been set up at the site where Pakistan faced a humiliating defeat in 1971. The memorial has a state of the art audio-visual theatre for screening the movie on the Battle of Laungewala.