Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana launched by Narender Modi for 51000 sisters of his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi on occasion of Raksha Bandhan festival.
- To kickstart the initiative, Union minister of state for power and coal Piyush Goyal handed over the certificates to 14 of these women and girls from poor families on behalf of the PM at a function at Bhagwandas Vidyalaya in Meerapur Bisahi village here.
- Extending Raksha Bandhan greetings on behalf of the PM, he added that the scheme would be provided free of cost as the BJP workers of the Kashi region would pay the premium.
SEBI to review and monitor its surveillance system to tighten its noose on manipulators and black money launderers in the stock markets.
- The regulator is also pitching for a greater coordination among various watchdogs and enforcement agencies to bring to book the rogue elements that misuse the stock market platform, a senior official said.
- SEBI would soon discuss with the government the details regarding the existing safeguards against this menace, as also the proposed new measures, after which same would be communicated to the SIT, he added.
Islamic State (IS) militant group banned by Pakistan.
- Pak Govt taken the decision on recommendation of the Foreign Office, which regularly updates it about international militant groups banned by the United Nations (UN).
- Union Government already has banned brutal terror group Islamic State under the provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 and following the provisions of section two of the United Nations (Security Council) Act, 1947.
- India banned IS militant group in December 2014 after UN has banned it under its sanctions regime of the Prevention and Suppression of Terrorism (Implementation of Security Council Resolutions) Order, 2007.
National Sports Awards 2014-15 Winners :
Top sportspersons from various disciplines and eminent coaches were honoured by President Pranab Mukherjee at the 2014 National Sports Adventure Awards function at the Durbar Hall, Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award:
Sania Mirza– In recognition of her outstanding achievements in game of Tennis.
Presently she is ranked no 1 women’s player in Women’s Double category.
Sandeep Kumar- Archery
M R Poovamma- Athletics (4X400 metres relay)
Kidambi Srikanth- Badminton
Mandeep Jangra- Boxing
Rohit Sharma- Cricket
Dipa Karmakar- Gymnastics
Sreejesh P R- Hockey
Manjeet Chhillar- Kabaddi, Abhi
lasha Mhatre- Kabaddi,
Swaran Singh- Rowing
Anup Kumar Yama- Roller Skating
Jitu Rai- Shooting
Sathish Kumar- Weightlifting
Babita Kumari- Wrestling
Y Sanathoi Devi- Wushu
Sharath M Gayakwad – Para-Swimming.
Naval Singh- Athletics (Javelin throw)
Anoop Singh- Wrestling coach
Harbans Singh- Athletics coach
Swatantar Raj Singh- Boxing coach
Nihar Ameen- Swimming coach.
Attempt : Free IBPS PO / MT Pre 2015 speed test
Dhyan Chand award:
Romeo James- Hockey,
Shiv Prakash Mishra- Tennis
P Nair- Volleyball.
Delhi Book Fair 21st edition launched at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- It has been organised by the Federation of Indian Publishers in association with India Trade Promotion Organisation.
- It will be held till 6th September 2015.
- Theme : “Skill development” with main focus on inculcating the idea of skill-based professions and career interests of the youth.
- A section of the book fair theme is also devoted to former president Dr. A.P.J.Kalam’s books.
OP Jaisha books her berth in 2016 Rio Olympic by setting a new marathon national record at World Athletics Championships .
- OP Jaisha registered a time of two hours, 34 minutes and 43 seconds to set a new national record.
- P. Jaisha and Sudha Singh finished 18th and 19th respectively in the women’s marathon at the World Athletics Championships in Beijing.
- Jaisha registered a time of two hours, 34 minutes and 43 seconds to set a new national record and claim the 18th place on the final day of the biennial extravaganza.
Usain Bolt clinches 3rd gold medal in the world athletics championships 2015 in 4×100 m final.
- The winning Jamaican time of 37.36 seconds was the best of any nation this year and another exposition of the country’s supremacy in short distance events.
- China was confirmed to have taken silver as a result of the USA slip-up in a time of 38.01 seconds, to the delight of the Beijing crowd, while bronze was awarded to Canada which finished in 38.13.