3rd September 2015 daily current affairs / gk / ga: West Central Railway becomes first zone in Indian railway to eliminate Unmanned Level Crossings.
- The target was achieved after all 118 unmanned level crossings of WCR zone were eliminated in phase manner by August 31, 2015.
- 80 crossings were eliminated in the financial year 2014-15 and the remaining 38 crossings were eliminated in August 2015.
FMC to be merged with SEBI w.e.f 28/09/2015.
- Union Government on 28 August 2015 released the notification regarding the mergeing of commodities market regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Its merging will be effective from 28 September 2015.
ABB, leading power and automation technology group elevated Bazmi Husain, MD of ABB India, as the global chief technology officer.
- Husain is a power and automation expert and has been with ABB for 30 years,.
- He will take over the new position in the beginning of 2016.
- He will be the first Indian on this position.
- Prior to him, Ravi Uppal had occupied a top position at ABB group level as the president of global markets.
- Uppal is now the managing director and chief executive officer of Jindal SteelBSE 1.40 % and Power.
National Stock Exchange (NSE) signed MoUs with Stock Exchange of Mauritius for cooperation in various field.
- The MoUs were signed in fields like education, training and knowledge transfer in securities markets, product development and indice creation as well as capacity development in surveillance and investigation.
- Mauritius PM Anerood Jugnauth, and S Bhadain, Minister of Financial Services, along with other dignitaries, met the NSE delegation on this occasion.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance partnered with Catholic Syrian Bank (CSB) for selling of its products through 431 branches of the bank.
- This bank assurance tie up will enable the company to offer general insurance solutions to the bank’s customer base in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Maharashtra.