44th Navy day observed on 4th December.
- PM Narendra Modi extended greetings to naval personnel and commended their dedication to protect the maritime interests of nation.
- The occasion saw screening of Navy Telefilm 2015 titled Empowering India Through Maritime Security and Indigenisation on DD National.
- The Navy day is celebrated every year to commemorate the success of Operation Trident of Indian Navy on Karachi Harbour during the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
HP became first state to launch Rotavirus vaccination project.
- The vaccine will help in controlling the child mortality rate (under five years of age) due to diarrhea.
- Rotavirus vaccines are administered orally to infants in three dose course at ages of six, ten and fourteen weeks and are part of Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP).
- State CM Virbhadra Singh launched this project at Dharamsala in Kangra District.
- He administered the Rotavirus drops to children aged under five years.
ICBC to become strategic banking partner of Tata Group.
ICBC : Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
Tata Sons Ltd and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC) have formed a long-term partnership, under which ICBC will become a strategic banking partner to the Tata group.
Tata Sons is the principal investment holding company of $108 billion Tata Group and promoter of Tata companies.
Lok Sabha passed bill to estabilish BIS on National Standards Body.
- Lok Sabha on 3 December 2015 passed the Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 to establish the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) as a National Standards Body.
- The bill seeks to establish harmonious development of standardization and assessment and quality assurance of goods, processes and services.
First India International Science Festival began at IIT Delhi.
- First India International Science Festival (IISF) began on 4 December 2015 at IIT-Delhi.
- The five day festival will explore ways to translate academic research into industrial applications benefiting the common man and encourage culmination of scientific temperament among youngsters, especially school children.
- The five-day festival that will conclude on 8 December 2015 was jointly organised by Ministry of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Union Government.
Paris pact on water and climate change adaptation announced.
- The announcement was made at the Water Resilience Focus event held under the Lima to Paris Action Agenda on climate change.
- The event was held on the sidelines of the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2015 (COP21) in Paris, France.
- Its objective is to make water systems – the very foundation of sustainable human development – more resilient to climate impacts.
- Almost 290 water basin organisations are engaged under the Paris Pact on Water and Climate Change Adaptation.
NTC signed MoU with Trasparency International India (TII) for adopting Intergrity Pact (IP).
- With this signing, NTC became the 51st Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and 49th Central PSU to sign a MoU with TII.
- Integrity Pact is a tool which ensures that all activities and transactions between a Company or Government Department and their Suppliers are handled in a fair, transparent and corruption-free manner.
- It also prohibits any kind of bribing, favour or any other unethical practice, which is closely monitored by honorary Independent External Monitors (IEMs).
First Video production studio opened by YouTube.
- Stepping up its India focus, YouTube along with Subhash Ghai-owned film school Whistling Woods International, has opened its first video production studio in the country.
- Called YouTube Spaces, it has similar collaborations in Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, New York City, Sao Paulo, Paris and Berlin.
GAIL and ISRO launched satellite based portal to monitor pipelines.
- GAIL (India) Limited in collaboration with National Remote Sensing Centre, a unit of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), has launched a surveillance geo-portal – ‘Bhuvan-GAIL Portal’ – that utilises space technology for its pipeline safety application.
- The launch took place in the presence of B.C. Tripathi, Chairman GAIL (India) Ltd, V.K. Dadhwal, Director NRSC, ISRO and senior officials from GAIL and ISRO, according to a statement issued here.