9 July 2015 important current affairs / GK / GA: Indian Railways launched a mobile ticketing application for unreserved tickets for commuters in Western Railway.
- It was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- This service will cover 35 stations between the 123 km long Churchgate -Dhauroad and facilitate a hassle free travel for lakhs of daily passengers in Mumbai.
- The app is based for both Android and Windows platforms and it can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Windows Store by the user.
- The app provides necessary on-screen alerts to guide the passenger during the booking process. Payment for booking the ticket can be done through railway wallet feature in the App. Passenger will get ticket confirmation screen after booking the ticket.
eSign Services launched by eMudra Limited
- eMudhra Limited, a leading certifying firm in the country for digital signatures launched first of its kind eSign services in the country as part of the Digital India Vision.
- ESign is an online electronic signature service which can facilitate an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign a document within seconds.
- The signatures generated by eSign are legally valid and secure under the Information Technology Act, 2000
- As part of the Digital India Vision, Prime Minister launched eSign services in the country on July 1st.
- By using eMlocker along with eSign, one can store documents such as PAN cards, Aadhaar cards, electricity bills or any other documents electronically.
Suggested For You : English Synonyms test for competitions
Credit Information Bureau India Ltd (CIBIL), India’s leader in credit information, has appointed Satish Pillai as its new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Pillai succeeds Arun Thukral who retires this year after a decade.
- Satish Pillai has been serving CIBIL in the capacity of Chief Operating Officer for more than four years where he was responsible for product development and bureau operations.
- CIBIL, India’s largest credit information bureau, maintains credit information on more than 406 million consumer accounts and 22 million business accounts and has a membership base of over 1400 banks and credit institutions.
Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Nandan Sahai appointed as the new Home Secretary of Delhi, ending a bitter tussle between Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung and the AAP government.
- The order appointing Sahai, a 1986 batch Union Territory cadre officer, was issued by Union Home Ministry.
- Sahai’s name was zeroed in as a compromise candidate for the high post after continuous tussle between the LG and the Arvind Kejriwal-led government.
- Pal was removed by the AAP government after he signed a notification appointing Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police M K Meena as new chief of Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) following Jung’s order.
Union government appointed Sriram Kalyanaraman as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Housing Bank (NHB) for a period of five years.
- With this he became the first person from private sector to be appointed as head of a public sector financial institution.
- Presently, Kalyanaraman is director-business development Equifax Credit Information Services.
- Prior to joining Equifax, he was Director, Business Clients and Asset Products at Deutsche Bank India.
- NHB is apex regulator for housing finance sector and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Suggested For you : IBPS RRB IV Mock Test
Russian oil firm Rosneft will buy 49 per cent stake in Essar Oil, the firm that owns India’s second biggest oil refinery, for an undisclosed amount.
- The proposed transaction is conditional upon various factors such as due diligence, determination of the transaction price, execution of definitive transaction documents and receipt of requisite approvals.
- Also, a Long Term Crude Oil Supply Agreement by the two firms in was signed in Ufa, Russia for import of 10 million tonnes a year of crude oil for a period of 10 years.
- This contract has been signed in pursuance to the Key Terms executed between the two companies in December 2014 at New Delhi.
Indian athletes put up an impressive show at the 2015 World Police & Fire Games which concluded here on Sunday, winning more than 150 medals.
- Hosts United States won by far the most medals, 1,777, including nearly 700 Golds.
- Canada finished second with nearly 430 medals.
- The Indian athletes’s tally included 89 Golds and 50 silvers. They competed in only seven sporting categories: athletics, wrestling, boxing, judo, archery, swimming and shooting.
Professor Lord Kamlesh Patel become the first British Asian to be appointed as Director of England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
- He succeeds Lord Morris of Handsworth, who had stepped down after 11 years as an ECB Director.
- Lord Patel was born to Indian parents in Nairobi, Kenya.
- He hails from Bradford and is a leading voice on health, social care and community cohesion in UK.