Atal Pension Yojana is a scheme launched by Govt of India under PFRDA through National Pension System to full fill the essential requirements of every Indian Citizen especially weaker/ unorganized and Old age Section.
Here we will discuss about APY or Atal Pension Yojana and try to cover all the points about Atal Pension Yojana in the form of FAQs.
Basic Details (in the form of Question & Answer) of Atal Pension Yojana:
- What is slogan of Atal Pension Yojana?
Jan Dhan To Jan Surakhsha
- Who is administrator of this Scheme?
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
- Who is the Nodal Agency for Promotion and Implementation for Atal Pension Yojna?
- What is Date of Launch of this Scheme?
1st June 2015
- What is the Range of benefit under Atal Pension Yojna?
Rs.1000 to Rs. 5000
- What is the Minimum & Maximum Age to join Atal Pension Yojna?
Minimium- 18 Years
Maximum- 40 Years
- What is the age after which Pension Benefit will start under APY?
- What is the Minimum and Maximum Contribution to be made (If age of Entry is 18 Years) to get Pension?
Minimum- Rs.42 (1000 per month Pension)
Maximum- Rs. 210 (5000 per month Pension)
- How to make contribution to an APY account?
A specified amount will be auto debit from your saving account.
- What is the Minimum period of contribution by the Indian citizen under APY?
How to get an Atal Pension Yojana Account?
- A saving Bank Account in any Bank is mandatory to open an APY account in the same Bank.
- Aadhar Number is preferable to open an APY account but not mandatory.
- A registered mobile number is mandatory.
- It is mandatory to provide the nominee details.
- Fill the Atal Pension Yojna- Subscriber Registration Form and opt out the type of pension(Means what will be your contribution and what will be your Pension)
- Bank will give you a PRAN No. and a acknowledge slip after completing your registration.
- You have to give a permission letter to bank to start the auto debit facility of a specified amount from your saving bank account.
Other Details about Atal Pension Yojana:
- The funding to PFRDA under APY is done by Govt. of India.
- of India will contribute 50 % of the amount(Contributed by the Customer) or Rs.1000 per year, which will be lower.
- of India will contribute up to 5 years. (2015-16 to 2019-20)
- of India will contribute to only those citizens who will enrolled under APY between 1st June 2015 to 31st December 2015
- NSDL is appointing as CRA under NPS architecture for proper functioning of Atal Pension Yojna.
- If contribution is not deposited by the subscriber on monthly basis then
After 6 month- APY account Freeze
After 12 Month- APY account Deactivation
After 24 Month- APY account Closed
- All the Swavalamban Yojna Subscriber will also automatically migrated to Atal Pension Yojna. They may also take exit from the Atal Pension Yojna.
Some Important Full Forms related to APY:
- APY-Atal Pension Yojna
- PRAN- Permanent Retirement Account Number
- PFRDA- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
- NSDL- National Securities and Depository Limited
- CRA- Central Record keeping Agency
At last, we want to say you that hard work always pays. So, Keep Dreaming and Keep Hard Working. If you have any question or doubt about APY then leave your comment, we will get you soon.
All The Best.