Daily Current Affairs 7th & 8th December 2015:
7th December 2015 Daily Current Affairs Update
AP, Jharkhand join UDAY scheme to bolster Discoms.
- Andhra Pradesh government has conveyed its in-principle decision to the Ministry of Power of joining UDAY (Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) scheme.
- It seeks to reduce interest burden, cost of power and transmission and commercial losses.
- UDAY scheme has inbuilt incentives encouraging State governments to voluntarily restructure their debts.
Cochin Shipyard launched fast patrol vessels for Coast Guard.
- Public sector Cochin Shipyard Ltd has launched the nineteenth of the 20 Fast Patrol Vessels being built for Indian Coast Guard.
- The vessel was named “ICGS Atulya” and launched by Hema Subramaniam, wife of Commodore K. Subramaniam, Chairman & Managing Director, CSL.
Tata Trusts partnered with Khan Academy for Free Online Education.
- Tata Trusts and Khan Academy announced a five-year, not-for-profit partnership to enable free online education for the Indian market.
- The partnership will adapt and build on Khan Academy’s existing resources and tools to serve the specific needs of the Indian learner.
Kaher Kazem appointed as head of General motors.
- General Motors has appointed Kaher Kazem as President and Managing Director of its India operations, effective January 1.
- He will be replacing Arvind Saxena.
Singapore emerged as top source of FDI into India replacing Mauritius.
- Singapore replaced Mauritius as top source of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into India during April-September of 2015-16 financial year.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion of Ministry of Commerce and industry made this announcement in this regard.
Hockey World League Final : Austrailia defeated Belgium.
- Australia defeated Belgium by 2-1 to win 2014-2015 Men’s Hockey World League Final, which was held at Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Stadium, Raipur.
- India defeated world number two and defending champions Netherlands by 3-2 in the penalty shoot-out, and clinched the bronze medal in the tournament.
8th December 2015 Daily Current Affairs Update
Bilateral Exercise between India and Russia “INDRA Navy-15 began in Visakhapatanam.
- The exercise epitomises the strategic relationship between the two nations.
- 8th edition of Indra Navy will be conducted in the Bay of Bengal till 12 December 2015.
- Aim : To increase interoperability between the two navies and develop common understanding of procedures for maritime security operations.
Maharashtra became first state to allow MLAs raise online question.
- Maharashtra legislature has become the first in the country to launch an online mechanism for its members to send questions and move different motions in the House.
- In this regard state government has launched a website mls.org.in as part of Digital MLAs initiative in the winter session of state legislature in Nagpur.
Also Check: December 2015 daily current affairs / GK / GA
Supereme Court directs state and UT Govt to consider acid attack victims under Disabled Quota.
- The decision was made to make sure that the acid-attack survivors can be able to get reservations in government jobs as well as education benefits as disabled person.
Beijing issues first ever Red Alert on Air Pollution.
- Authorities in Chinese capital Beijing on 7 December 2015 issued its first-ever red alert on air pollution ordering schools to close due to hazardous air quality.
- Red alert is the highest possible state of caution.
- The order was issued after acrid smog enveloped the capital for the second time in December 2015.
Biz Bridge meet in Kolkata.
- Loan applications worth Rs. 50 crore were received from micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), both existing and prospective, from the eastern region, particularly West Bengal, at the end of the four-day ‘Biz Bridge 2015’ organised here in the city.
- Organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry, Biz Bridge 2015 had about 100 exhibitors coming from across the country and drew over 10,000 high-end visitors.
India launched I-LTEO programme to monitor 8 different biomes.
- The initiative was launched on the sidelines of the Conference of Parties-21 (COP-21) of UNFCCC in Paris.
- Aim : To identify and monitor targeted socio-ecological challenges and help build capacity within India.
- The studies under the programme will indicate the need for imminent adaptation measures.
GRSE launched fifth ship of Indian Navy’s LCU MK IV project.
- The fifth ship of Indian Navy’s LCU MK IV project, was launched on Monday at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- LCU L-55 is the fifth vessel in the series of eight Landing Craft Utility Ships being designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
- The chief guest, Vice Admiral AV Subhedar, AVSM, VSM, Chief of Material, Chairman & Managing Director GRSE were present on the occasion.
Atomic Energy (Amendment) Bill 2015 introduced in lok Sabha.
- Aim : To facilitate and fast track setting up of new nuclear projects in the country.
- The Bill seeks to amend the Atomic Energy Act, 1962.
- The Atomic Energy Act, 1962 empowers the Union government to produce, develop, control, and use atomic energy.
- It expands the definition of paid-up share capital in parent Act to include joint ventures (JV) of public sector undertakings (PSUs).
Download: Computer Capsule for Bank Exams 2015 pdf
“Forbes Top 100 Middle East – Global Meets Local 2015 Award” to Tech Mahindra.
- The award was presented at a special event hosted by Forbes Middle East in Dubai, celebrating the top management executives that are heading up regional offices in the Middle East for the world’s most powerful companies.
The winners are judged on criteria’s of Global strength, experience in region, Geographical reach, Employment impact & Position in the Middle East region.