Sangita Kalanidhi Award 2015 conferred to Vocalist Sanjay Subrahmanyam.
- Foremost south Indian classical vocalists Sanjay Subrahmanyam has conferred with prestigious 2015 Sangita Kalanidhi award.
- The award was conferred on him by renowned mathematician Manjul Bhargava at 89th annual conference of the Madras Music Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Govt constitute Kamlesh Chandra Committee to study wage structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- Union Government has constituted a committee to examine the wage structure, service conditions of the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the Department of Posts (DoP).
- It is one member committee comprising of Kamlesh Chandra, Retired Member of Postal Services Board.
- Committee will be assisted by Sr Administrative Grade Officer T.Q. Mohammad who will act as Secretary to the GDS Committee.
Shekhar Saran assumes charge as CMD of CMPDI.
- He served as Director (Technical) of CMPDI prior of taking charge.
Drug Authentication and Verification Application (DAVA) project bags eASIA award.
- Project of The Department of Commerce has won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category.
- Asia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation (APCTF) and Tehran based (Iran) Electronic Business announced the award..
- eASIA award is administered by AFACT which aims to development and promotion of trade facilitation, electronic business policies and activities in the Asia Pacific region.
Eight States to implement DBT in Kerosene from April 1.
- Scheme will be implemented from April 1, 2016 and till then state governments will be consulted in the run up to the scheme.
- The scheme will be implemented in three districts of Chhattisgarh, two in Haryana, three in Himachal Pradesh, six in Jharkhand, four in Madhya Pradesh, two in Maharashtra, three in Punjab and three in Rajasthan.
Telangana became first state to accept e-motor insurance policies.
- E-motor insurance polices are legally accepted by police and transport authorities in Telangana.
- e-Vahan Bima, an electronic motor insurance policy issued in digital form with Quick Response (QR) code, has been formally launched here by the Minister for IT, K T Ramarao.
Indian-origin cancer expert Harpal Singh Kumar honored with Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II.
- He was honored for his influential work on prevention and treatment of cancer.
- Singh’s name has appeared in the 2015 New Year’s Honours list that includes several other Indian-origin individuals.
Also Attempt: Free CTET Practice Test in Hindi
Film maker Shyam Benegal to head committee formed for Censor Board revamp.
- Committee headed by noted film-maker Shyam Benegal setup to work out a revamp plan and submit its report within two months.
- Other members of Committee : Hindi film director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, adman Piyush Pandey, film critic Bhawana Somaaya, Nina Lath Gupta of National Film Development Corporation and Joint Secretary (Films).
- The committee will also look into the staffing pattern of Central Board of Film Certification, known as the Censor Board, and recommend a framework to provide efficient/transparent user-friendly services.