Mega military Exercise of ASEAN Plus Countries kick start in Pune.
- Multinational mega Military Exercise Force 18 conducted by Indian Army has started in Pune, Maharashtra from 2nd March.
- Theme of the exercise is `Humanitarian Mine Action’ (HMA) and `Peacekeeping Operations’ (PKO).
Masala bonds launched by International Finance Corporation
- It aims to mobilize R30 crore (or $4.3 million) directly from Japanese household investors to promote private sector development in India.
- The 3 year bond builds on IFC’s Masala bond program which has raised the approx $1.7 billion from international investors for investment in India.
- About Masala Bonds : These are rupee denominated instruments sold only to offshore investors, while Uridashi bonds are sold to Japanese household investors.
- The steps from IFC’s Uridashi Masala bonds will be used to support private sector investment in India.
- JP Morgan is the sole arranger of the bonds and Daisen Hinomaru Securities is its distributor.
India signed Financing agreement with World Bank for US $300 million.
- A financing agreement for International Development Association (IDA) credit of US$ 300 (equivalent) for the Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project was signed with the World Bank.
- Mr. Raj Kumar (Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs) signed the financing agreement on behalf of Government of India and Onno Ruhl, Country Director, World Bank, India on behalf of the World Bank.
Govt plans to setup more nuclear power plants.
- The nuclear power plant will be setup in Haryana, Bihar and Punjab to meet the need of country.
- The government aims to increase nuclear power generation capacity by three times in 10 years.
- Carriage by Air amendment bill, 2015 passed by Parliament.
- The aim of the bill is to empower Union government to revise the limits of liability for airlines and compensation as per the Montreal Convention which India accepted in 2009.
- The bill was first passed by the Lok Sabha in December 2015 and later it was passed by the Rajya in March 2016.
India ranked at 90th position in terms of energy security
- India has been ranked at the 90th place in a list of 126 countries in terms of Energy Security complied by World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The list is topped by Switzerland followed by Norway on the basis of the ability to deliver secure, affordable and sustainable energy.
- It was revealed by Global Energy Architecture Performance Index (GEAPI) and Report compiled by WEF.
Brain Prize 2016 to three British scientists.
- Three British scientists have won a prestigious 2016 Grete Lundbeck European Brain Research Prize (also known as Brain Prize) for giving vital insight how the human brain remembers, learns and navigates.
- These scientists are Timothy Bliss, Graham Collingridge, Richard Morris
NHAI signed the agreement with Indian School of Business (ISB) for Skill Development.
- The agreement has been signed up for ensuring development of management competencies of its technical and managerial manpower, with a tie up with Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad.
- With the Government’s ambitious plans for infrastructure development in the country, road sector is seen as one of the thrust areas to achieve the objective and ensure sustained economic growth.
India’s first self cleaning smart toilet installed in Chennai.
- A total of 183 self cleaning public eToilets have been installed in the Chennai City.
- Chennai is the 1st city in India to gets smart Toilets.
- These toilets are free for Public use.
- Each toilet automatically cleans itself before entry and after use and sensors enable consumption of less water and power with each use.
Peru declared emergency after oil spill hits tivers.
- Peru has declared an emergency three weeks after a major oil pipeline burst, affecting two rivers in the country’s northwest.
- The pipeline spilled 3,000 barrels of crude oil into the Chiriaco and Morona rivers, which are the main source of water and food for several indigenous communities.
- The government has told these communities not to eat fish from the polluted waters.
Dr. Bhagwati Lal Vyas to be conferred with Bihari Puraskar 2015.
- He has been chosen for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar for his anthology of Rajasthani poems ‘Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad’ Published in 2010.
- He is also recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award and has highlighted the increasing tendencies of commercialization and degradation of human values through his poetry.
Martin Crowe, new Zealand cricket legend passes away .
- He was 53 and was battling with cancer.
- The cricket great had been suffering from lymphoma since September 2014.