India – Myanmar signed standard operating procedure on Joint Patrol
- 4th edition of India-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR) was conducted jointly by ships of both navies along the International Maritime Boundary Line in the Andaman Sea since 2013.
- Indian Navy ships Saryu and Bitra along with Union of Myanmar ships Aung Zeya and FAC 563 participated in the patrol.
- During the Ceremony of 4th IMCOR, the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for IMCOR was also signed between Indian Navy and Myanmar Navy.
Austrailian Photographer Warren Richardson wins world press photos of 2015 honor.
- The jury of the 59th annual World Press Photo Contest has selected an image by Australian photographer Warren Richardson as the World Press Photo of the Year 2015.
- Richardson is a freelance photographer, currently based in Budapest, Hungary.
BHEL commissions a 270-MW coal-based thermal power project of GVK Group in Punjab.
- The unit is commissioned at the upcoming 540 MW (2×270 MW) Goindwal Sahib coal-fired plant of GVK Power & Infrastructure Ltd located in Tarn Taran district in Punjab.
IBSA Banking Technology Award to Karnataka Bank
- Bank won the award in category of ‘Best Risk and Fraud Management Initiative – Runner Up’ amongst small banks.
- The award was announced as part of IBA technology conference, Expo and awards 2016.
State Bank of India (SBI) opened “Japan Desk” in new delhi.
- ‘Japan Desk’, a single window for inbound Japanese investments in India and vice-versa.
- This is a first-of-its-kind initiative that seeks to facilitate Japanese corporate looking to invest in India with banking and advisory services.
Yes Bank and UltraCash partnered for payment service launch
- YES Bank has partnered UltraCash Technologies to launch payments processing through sound waves.
- UltraCash utilises a patent-pending technology through which payment data is securely transferred from one device to the other using unique ultra-high frequency sound waves.
Next Delhi Police Chief : Alok Kumar Verma
- He will succeed incumbent Delhi Police Chief B S Bassi who will retire on 29th of this month.
- Verma is currently serving as Director General of Tihar prison.
- He will serve as the top police officer in Delhi for 17 months.
Punjab to sign MoU with British Pig Associate (BPA).
यदि नहीं तो अभी देखिये और अपनी परीक्षा की तैयारी के लिये अपडेट रहिये -
- The MoU is signed with objective to develop and promote piggery in state.
- Robin Chaurasiya nominated for “Global Teacher Prize”.
Robin Chaurasiya is an Indian teacher who runs a non-profit school in Mumbai for girls from the city’s red light areas.
- He has has been named in the top 10 short-list for a global prize for teachers.
- Robin Chaurasiya, founder of Kranti, will compete with teachers from the UK, US, Nairobi, Palestine, Japan, Finland, Australia and Pakistan to win the $1-million Global Teacher Prize 2016.
Renowned Vocalist Ustad Abdul Rashid Khan passes away.
- Veteran Hindustani classical vocalist Ustad Abdul Rashid Khan passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- He is writer of around 2,000 poems and used to write under the pseudonym of ‘Rasan Piya’.
Make in India week concluded in Mumbai
- It was inaugurated by PM Modi on 13th Feb 2016.
- The event has secured investment commitments worth Rs 15.2 lakh crore, with host state Maharashtra alone accounting for Rs 8 lakh crore.
- Besides, it received investment enquiries worth Rs 1.5 lakh crore.
“Brabo”, first ever made in India robot unveiled by Tata.
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions, a Tata Group company, is expected to launch first ever India-made robot before May 2016.
- Dubbed ‘Tata Brabo’, the robot has been showcased in the Make in India week in Mumbai.
Indonesia’s first Formula1 Driver : Rio Haryanto
- He will become Indonesia’s first formula one driver after signing a deal with Manor Racing.
- The 23-year-old will make his F1 debut at the Australian Grand Prix on 20 March after testing in Barcelona next week.