10th December 2015 current affairs / Gk / GA: Human Rights Day observed on 10 December worldwide.
- It aimed to promote and raise awareness of the two Covenants of Human Rights Day- International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
- The Our Rights. Our Freedoms. Always campaign revolves around the timeless themes of rights and freedom and the relevance of the work that continues in securing and ensuring them.
Asian Development Bank released Asian Economic Integration Report 2015.
- ADB on 8 December 2015 released a report entitled Asian Economic Integration Report 2015: How Can Special Economic Zones Catalyze Economic Development?
- The report examined current trends in trade, finance, migration, remittances and other economic activities in the region, with a special chapter on the role of special economic zones (SEZs).
India’s Kartik Sawhney and Neha Swain wins 2016 Queen’s Young Leaders award.
- Two Indians, Kartik Sawhney and Neha Swain, have won the 2016 Queen’s Young Leaders award in the UK.
- The Award will be presented by the British monarch in Buckingham Palace in June 2016.
- Sawhney and Swain have won the prestigious award for their exceptional work in transforming the lives of others and making a lasting difference in their communities.
More Current Affairs Form December 2015:
- Daily Current Affairs : 7th & 8th December 2015
- 5th & 6th December 2015 daily current affairs
- 4th December 2015 daily current affairs / Gk / GA
IISc Banglore bags solar panel research and development contract from US Military.
- The prestigious IISc Banglore on 9 December 2015 bagged a US military contract for research and development on solar powered micro-grid.
- It is one of the rare instances that an Indian scientific institute has been awarded a federal contract by the US military.
- The federal contract worth 52900 US dollars was awarded by the US Pacific Air Forces, Yokota Air Base in Japan.
2016 : UK-India Year of Education, Research and Innovation launched.
- India and United Kingdom on 9 December 2015 launched a joint initiative 2016: UK-INDIA Year of Education and Research in New Delhi.
- It was launched by visiting Secretary of State, Business Innovation and Skill of the UK Sajid Javid along with Human Resource Development (HRD) minister Smriti Irani.
- In 2016, it will allow UK academicians to come to India under Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) programme.
- It will enhance partnership in research work in ten research priority areas under IMPRINT (IMPacting Research Innovation and Technology).
Luxembourg became 10th country to ratify AoA of Aisan Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Apart from Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Brunei Darussalam, China, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Singapore and United Kingdom ratified the 60-article agreement so far.
- These 10 countries are among the 57 founder-member countries of the multilateral bank that has its headquarters in the Chinese capital Beijing.
- Among the 57 founder-member countries, except the Philippines all other 56 countries have signed the AoA and 46 countries are yet to ratify it.
Mahela Jayawardene awarded honorary lifetime membership of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- Jayawardene became the 14th Sri Lankan to be awarded with MCC Honorary Life Membership.
- Kumar Sangakkara, Muttiah Muralitharan and Chaminda Vaas were awarded with the same.
TIME Magazine named German Chancellor Merket as 2015 ‘Person of the Year’.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel was named as 2015 Person of the Year on 9 December 2015 by Time Magazine.
- The magazine cited her role in Europe’s crisis over migration and Greek debt.
- With this, Merkel, 61, joined the list of former winners, including Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin,Mahatma Gandhi, Winston Churchill and Richard Nixon.