3rd November 2015 important current affairs digest / Gk / GA: First International Film Festival for the persons with disabilities to be held in Delhi.
- To recognise the spirit of the persons with disabilities, first international film festival for the persons with disabilities (IFFPD) will be held in Delhi from 1 December to 3 December 2015.
- The announcement with regard to the three-day event was made by Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Lov Verma on 2 November 2015.
- The three-day-long event will see the screening of 40 films comprising of 10 feature films, 16 short films and 14 documentaries.
Punjabi Language becomes 3rd most common language in Canada Parliament after English and French.
- On 19 October 2015, 23 Members of Parliament of South Asian origin were elected to the House of Commons, Parliament of Canada during parliamentary elections, out of which 20 speak Punjabi.
- Out of the 20 candidates, 8 are Liberals and two are Conservatives.
- Among the newly-elected Punjabi-speaking MPs, 14 are men and 6 are women.
National Tribal Crafts Mela Aadishilp 2015 begins in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Jual Oram.
- This edition of Crafts Mela has been organised by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) and will be open till November 11, 2015.
- The mela will showcase hand crafted items, handloom products, cane and bamboo products, dry flowers, tribal jewellery, Dhokra craft, tribal paintings, tribal weaves and embroidery etc.
Google working on “Project Loon” , a balloon internet project for provding internet connectivity in india.
- Google, under its ‘Project Loon’, is using big balloons floating at a height of 20 kilometers above earth surface for transmission of Internet services.
- It has already tested this technology in New Zealand, California (the US) and Brazil.
- Google may initially partner with BSNL for testing this technology by using broadband spectrum in 2.6 Ghz band.
- The technology, used for 4G services, has potential to replace mobile towers as it can directly transmit signals on 4G mobile phones.
FB partnered with BSNL to setup 100wifi hotspots in rural india.
- During the partnership, Facebook will invest 5 crore rupees per annum for buying bandwidth from BSNL.
- The hotspots will be set up by BSNL selected vendor Quad Zen and Trimax.
- Under the joint initiative, Facebook has chosen 100 villages to provide Wi-Fi hotspots on a revenue-sharing model.
- Facebook will spend 5 lakh per site a year for buying bandwidth from BSNL for a period of three years.
Mana Patel and Wirdhawal wins best swimmers award in 69th Senior National Aquatuc Championships 2015.
- Mana from Gujarat was adjudged the best swimmer in the women’s category of the competition.
- She broke her national record by 13 micro second in women’s 50m backstroke race.
Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Arinjay commissioned in Kochi on 1st November 2015.
- An Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Arinjay was on 1 November 2015 commissioned by Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba PVSM, AVSM Flag Officer Commanding-in-chief, Southern Naval Command at a ceremony held at Naval Base in Kochi.
- The ship will be based at Okha under the administrative and operational control of the commander, coast guard region (north west).
- The ship is commanded by Commandant AK Mudgal and has complement of four officers and 31 enrolled personnel.
Preparing for IBPS Clerk 2015 Exam ?
Join Our Best : IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015 Test Series <- Click Here
Lionel Messi appointed as global brand ambassador of Tata Motors.
- Tata Motors has roped in Football star Lionel Messi as the global brand ambassador for its passenger vehicles.
- To start with, Tata Motors will roll out the association campaign, #madeofgreat, starring Lionel Messi tomorrow.