World Egg Day : 9 October 2015
- It is celebrated every year on second Friday of October as per the directives of International Egg Commission.
- The day gives a unique opportunity to help propagate the nutritive value of eggs in human nutrition.
- It also helps in increasing egg consumption, which is the main source of protein.
- Union government has decided to celebrate the day in four places in the country, Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh).
Nobel Peace Prize 2015 : Tunisian mediator group
- Four Tunisian civil society groups have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their contribution to the country’s transition from dictatorship to democracy.
- The Nobel panel described its award to the National Dialogue Quartet on Friday as an “encouragement to the Tunisian people” that showed the value of dialogue in a region riven by conflict.
ICICI bank launched mVisa Electronic Cardless Transactions for Pockets Application.
- It will enable their customers to make electronic payments from their smartphones at physical stores, e-commerce portals, radio taxis and utility billers, among others, without swiping a debit card.
- The service is based on ‘mVisa’, a new mobile payment solution from Visa.
- ICICI Bank, India’s largest private bank, is the first bank globally to launch a mobile app based on ‘mVisa’ solution for consumers and merchants.
Cultural Ambassador of Seychelles : Music Compser AR Rehman
- He was named as the Cultural Ambassador of Seychelles for his contribution in enhancing the country’s Art and Culture Development.
- Rahman will also receive the fifth Hridaynath Mangeshkar award 2015 on 26 October 2015 by veteran filmmaker Subhash Ghai on the birth anniversary of Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
First Phase of China International Payment System launched by China on 8 Oct 2015.
- The launch of the CIPS was expected to boost the Shanghai Free Trade Zone (FTZ) launched in 2013 as a test bed for new reforms.
- Developed and administered by the People’s Bank of China, CIPS enables market participants outside China to clear Yuan transactions with their Chinese counterparts directly from 9 am to 8 pm.
- The CIPS provides capital settlement and clearing services for cross-border Yuan transactions for financial institutions domestically and abroad.
- It will enhance efficiency and increase global use of the Chinese currency. CIPS will help shore up China’s real economy and promoting the going abroad strategy of domestic enterprises.
Also Download : September 2015 current Affairs pdf
India and China joint Military Exercies Hand-In-Hand 2015 will be conducted from Oct 12 to Oct 23,2015.
- The Exercise will be conducted at Kunming Military Academy of Yunnan province in China from 12 to 23 October 2015.
- It will be the fifth joint military exercise in the Hand-in-Hand series between armies of both countries which had started in 2007.
- This edition of exercise will lay emphasis on joint handling of insurgency at sub-unit level and related issues. It will also cover aspect of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief at formation headquarters level.