Daily Current Affairs Update : 10 October 2015: OPERATION VALSALYA launched by Kerala Government to track missing children.
- Kerala government on 9 October 2015 launched the Operation Valsalya project to trace, rescue and reunite the missing children with their family.
- This ambitious programme is envisaged to be implemented on the lines of the much acclaimed Operation Smile project in Ghaziabad.
- According to police statistics of Kerala, as many as 69 children have been kidnapped or abducted across the state till June this year. While 116 children were kidnapped in the state in 2014, the number was 136 in 2013 and 147 in 2012.
- Awareness programmes and poster and sticker campaigns will also be carried out to propagate the cause.
- The picture and other whereabouts of children, rescued from various parts of the state under the mission, will be uploaded on the website www.trackthemissingchild.gov.in.
Patanjali Ayurved announced tie up with Future Group.
- Under this tie up, Patanjali’s prouducts wil be available at the Big Bazaar, KB’s and EasyDay outlets.
- The inspiration to go in for the partnership with the swadeshi firm to offer its wide-range of products, said Future Group CEO Kishore Biyani at the launch, came from the tie-up between the U.S. retail giant Walmart and FMCG firm P&G. Within the next 20 months, we expect to jointly do business worth Rs.1,000 crore, Mr. Biyani announced.
- The pipeline of new launches includes Patanjali Noodles to take advantage of the market opened up following the forced withdrawal of Nestle’s Maggi.
India, Ecuador ink Protocol for establishment of Ecuador Joint Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO).
- Objective : To enhance bilateral trade and investment relations.
- The Protocol was signed by Mentor Villagomez, Ecuadorian Ambassador to India and Rita Teotia, Commerce Secretary during the meeting between delegations of both countries.
- JETCO aims to further improve, deepen and strengthen the existing trade relationship between India and Ecuador.
- It will function as the primary forum for discussion and other promotional activities on trade and investment issues.
Tapan Ray was appointed to the Board of capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- He succeeded Anjuly Chib Duggal on the SEBI board.
- Ray took charge as a Secretary in Union Corporate Affairs Ministry in August 2015.
- A Gujarat cadre IAS officer, Ray has served in various capacities in Gujarat between 1984 and 1994.
- He has also handled other assignments at the Centre in Power, Science and Technology, Textiles and Defence Ministries.
e-Pragati Project launched by Andhra Pradesh Government on 9 Oct 2015.
- Andhra Pradesh Govt launched Andhra Pradesh Ebterprise Architecture(APESA).
- Alternatively, It is also called e-Pragati Project.
- The Project was launched by state CM N Chandrababau Naidu at a function held in Visakhapatnam.
- Objective : It aims for a transformational change in the way government services are conceived, designed, delivered and consumed.
- The public private partnership (PPP) has been designed as a tool to provide integrated services to its citizens by adopting a Whole-of Government approach.
Ravindra Jain, Veteran Music Director passed away.
- Renowned music director and lyricist Ravindra Jain passed away on 9 October 2015 following a multiple-organ failure in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 71. He is survived by his wife and son.
- He started his singing career at a very tender age by reciting bhajans and poetry at temples.
- He began his musical journey in Bollywood in the 1970s.
- Since then, he has composed music for almost 150 movies apart from working with Sagar Films for their television series.
- His famous songs are Geet Gaata Chal, Chor Machaye Shor, Chitchor, Nadiya ke Paar, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se, Do Jasoos and Henna.
- Achievements : He has also been conferred with various awards for his work including Filmfare Award for Best Music for Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985), Lata Mangeshkar Lifetime Achievement Award of Maharashtra Government and Padmashri in 2015.
Download: September 2015 Current Affairs Digest
Sekhar Basu : Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission(AEC).
- By virtue of this position, he will also occupy the office of secretary, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
- He will succeed RK Sinha who superannuates on 23 October 2015 and will be in the office till 19 September 2016.
- Basu is presently the director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, and also the Chief Executive of Nuclear Recycle Board (NRB), which is a part of BARC.
- Basu and his colleagues are mainly responsible for evolving strategies for safe radioactive disposal of waste in gas, liquid and solid forms containing various levels of radioactivity.