IRCTC ties up will Foodpanda.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) tie up with Foodpanda for order and delivery of food to the passengers.
- IRCTC is Indian railways’ catering, tourism and online ticketing platform.
- Passengers can now order meals of their choice through foodpanda’s aggregator model from a wide variety of cuisine options.
- To ensure that food reaches consumers in the best condition, foodpanda will deploy its own delivery fleet to fulfil all deliveries.
- The service will be initially launched at the New Delhi Railway station post and then it will be rolled out in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune and Chennai.
‘e-lala’, an e-commerce portal launched for small traders.
- Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated ‘e-lala’, an e-commerce portal of Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) in New Delhi.
- Aim : to promote the interests of 5.77 crore small businesses in the context of rapid expansion of e-commerce in the country.
- The portal will enable physical stores to have their own online stores enabling them to retain their customer base besides additional source of growth in business.
SEBI inked MoU with Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission on bilateral cooperation(BSEC).
- The MoU was signed on bilateral cooperation and technical assistance.
- The MoU was signed by UK Sinha, Chairman, SEBI and Dr M Khairul Hossain, Chairman, BSEC at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- This MoU will further facilitate training and technical assistance program between the two jurisdictions.
Veteran journalist, author Kuldip Nayar honored with Ramnath Goenka Lifetime Achievement Award.
- He was awarded for his contribution to journalism.
- He was conferred with the award at the 8th edition of the prestigious Ramnath Goenka Excellence awards ceremony held in Delhi.
- Some other awardees includeed Prakash Kardaley Memorial Award for Civic Journalism (2014), Prakash Kardaley Memorial Award for Civic Journalism (2013).
Marathi actor Prashant Damle selected for Dinanath Mangeshkar award.
- He will be conferred with the award by Lata Mangeshkar in April 2016 on the occasion of the death anniversary of Master Dinanath.
- He was chosen for the award for his outstanding contribution in the field of theatre, film and music.
- The announcement was made by Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar at the 100th show of Damle’s Marathi play Karti Kaljat Ghusli.
- Hridaynath was the chief guest for the 100th show of the the Marathi play.
Rishi Gour appointed as Country President of Sodexo India On-site services.
- He will take the charge with effect from 1 September 2015.
- He joined Sodexo in 2011 and has since then worked towards the brand’s promise of delivering quality of life services to over 400 corporate, education and healthcare clients.
- Prior to joining Sodexo, Gour was associated with WNS Global Services, Accenture and CITIL across various functional areas.
Michael Keating appointed as Special Representative for Somalia and Head of UNSOM.
- It was announced by Secretary General Ban Ki-mmon.
- He will succeed Nicholas Kay, who will complete his assignment in December 2015.
- Kay was associated with UNSOM for over the past two and a half years.
Joint Statement on enhanced Malaysia-India Strategic Partnership released.
- PM of Malaysia Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak and Indian PM Narendra Modi on 23 November 2015 released the Joint Statement on enhanced Malaysia-India Strategic Partnership during Narendra Modi’s official visit to Malaysia.
- The dialogue mechanisms at Ministerial and Official level between both the sides also provided a framework to harness the full potential of the Strategic Partnership established between the two countries in October 2010.
Noted labour economist Dr. T.S Papola passes away.
- He had served as an advisor with the erstwhile Planning Commission of Union Government for eight years from 1987 to 1995.
- Papola was specialised in labour and employment, industrial economics, development planning, regional development and enterprise development.
- Papola had over 4 decades of experience in teaching, research and advisory assignments.
Join now : Best IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015 Test Series
HRD Ministry constituted a 13-member expert committee for Sanskrit Promotion.
- The committee will be headed by N Gopalaswami, the former chief election commissioner (CEC) and now Chancellor of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth in Tirupati.
- The committee has been asked to recommend measures to integrate the study of the ancient language with other disciplines such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, medical science and law, suggest changes in Sanskrit education in schools and universities and recommend ways to impart Sanskrit education through modern tools.
- The committee is also tasked with charting out an action plan to develop the language in the next 10 years.