Nuclear capable Dhanush missile test fired successfully from warship Subhadra, off the Puri coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal.
- The test was conducted by DRDO and it was a perfect mission as the missile hit the target point with high degree of accuracy.
- One of the five missiles indigenously developed by the DRDO under its strategic Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
- The surface-to-surface missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II missile and can carry both conventional as well as a nuclear payload of 500 kg.
Karnataka Govt launched ‘Tourist Mitras’
- The launch was inaugurated by R.V. Deshpande, Minister for Large & Medium Industries and Tourism, Government of Karnataka.
- In the first phase of the project, 175 home guards underwent three weeks of lectures followed by practical training for a month before stationing them across select destinations 13 districts.
Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) : To tackle ISIS.
- It came into news after the Paris terror attack on 13 November 2015 in which about 130 people were killed and several were injured.
- OIR is the US military operation name for the intervention against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), including both the campaign in Iraq and the campaign in Syria.
India Singapore signs 10 agreements on mutual cooperation.
- The agreements were signed in presence of PM Narendra Modi and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
- Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Singapore (23 November to 24 November 2015).
Different MoUs signed are
- MoU on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security
- MoU in Civil Aviation
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Planning
MoU on Cooperation to Combat Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substance and their Precursors
Writer, Journalist and Columnist Mahip Singh passes away.
- He was 85. Singh is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
- Singh was born on August 15, 1930 at a village in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh. His family later shifted to Kanpur.
- Collection of his first short stories ‘Subah ke Phool’ was published in 1959 and later on more than 20 short stories collections were published.
- His famous novels include ‘Ye Bhi Nhi’, Abhi Shesh Hai’ and ‘Bich ki Dhoop’.
- He had been editing literary magazine ‘Sanchetna’ for the past 45 years. He established Bhartiya Lekhak Sangathan in 1978.
10th East Asia Summit held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The year’s summit held under the theme Our People, Our Community, Our Vision.
- It was the 10th anniversary of the establishment of the East Asia Summit.
- The summit was chaired by the Prime Minister of Malaysia Najib Razak and attended by the Heads of State/Government of ASEAN Member States, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Korea, Russia and the United States of America.
Anju Boddy George appointed as Chairperson of Target Olympic Podium Scheme.
- She will be assuming the charge in the first week of December 2015.
- Her appointment was approved by the Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs.
First Commercial Satellite launched by Japan.
- Japan has successfully launched its first commercial satellite on 24 November 2015 as part its national space programme.
- Japanese H-IIA rocket carrying Canadian TELSTAR 12V communications and broadcasting satellite for operator Telesat was successfully lifted off from Tanegashima Space Centre (TSC).
- With this, Japan is entered into the commercial satellite launch business which is mainly dominated by European and Russian companies.
2019 : New Deadline for Completion of PMGSY.
- PMGSY stands for : Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- Earlier deadline was 2022 for rural connectivity through all- weather roads.
- The annual allocation of the Central release for PMGSY works during year 2015-16 also has been increased by 5,000 crore rupees.
Income Tax Department launched PAN based litigation management system.
- Aim : to reduce lengthy proceedings and time taken in litigation.
- Income Tax department has activated a PAN—based online system which enables the taxman to access cases in their jurisdiction on a click, amongst a building database of over 5 lakh appeals and 1.50 lakh judgments.
Union Govt announces 10 New / Revised Schemes for Disabled Persons under Nation Trust.
- These schemes were launched under the National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
List of the schemes are:
DISHA: Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme
VIKAAS: Day Care Scheme
SAMARTH: Respite Care Scheme
GHARAUNDA: Group Home for Adults Scheme
NIRAMAYA: Health Insurance Scheme
SAHYOGI: Caregiver training scheme
GYAN PRABHA: Educational support Scheme
PRERNA: Marketing Assistance Scheme
SAMBHAV: Aids and Assisted Devices Scheme
BADHTE KADAM: Awareness and Community Interaction Scheme
Ministry of Railways, TERI university signs MoU to set up Railway Chair on Sustainable Mobility.
- MoU was signed by Rajiv Seth, Vice Chancellor, TERI University and Manoj Pandey, ED of Training and Man Power, Ministry of Railways.
- The Chair would focus and promote research on issues of sustainable mobility, use of energy efficient technology and green energy initiatives.