PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Ambedakar memorial in London.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the recently acquired Ambedkar memorial by Maharashtra Government at King Henry’s Road in London, United Kingdom.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister unveiled a plaque to mark the dedication of the Memorial and was accompanied by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
35th IITF inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi.
- 14 day fair has been organised by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under aegis of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- In this edition over 7,000 firms from India and overseas are participating.
- This year Afghanistan has been roped as the partner country and Bangladesh is the focus country.
- Within Indian states, Goa and Jharkhand are roped as partner states, while Madhya Pradesh is the focus state.
- Theme of 2015 edition of IITF is Make in India in order to encourage companies to manufacture their products in India.
INS Vishwakarma, the erstwhile Shipwright School (SWS) and a premier training establishment of the Indian Navy has been commissioned.
- It was commissioned by Admiral RK Dhowan, Chief of the Naval Staff at a formal ceremony held at Visakhapatnam.
- INS Vishwakarma was commissioned in keeping with the Navy’s thrust towards indigenisation and ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- It also was commissioned keeping in view the role of the SWS which has assumed greater significance presently in honing Indian Navy’s warship and submarine design.
India and UK announced commercial deals worth 9 billion pounds.
- The deals took place between the companies operating from both the countries and were agreed upon during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the UK.
- The deal included HDFC, India’s largest housing finance company, which has announced the proposal to issue rupee denominated bonds overseas of up to 490 million pounds.
- Bharti Airtel Ltd announced that it intends to issue its maiden sterling bond of up to 500 million pounds to be listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Year 2017 announced as UK-India Year of culture.
- Britain announced 2017 as UK-India year of culture to mark the 70th anniversary of Indian independence.
- UK institute will partner with Indian Institutes for the program and the British Library will digitize 2,00,000 pages from its South Asian Archives.
- The government will send Shakespeare’s First Folio and the 800 year old Magna Carta to tour India.
Terrorist attack in paris, France.
- Terrorists attacked six locations around Paris killing around 160 civilians and injuring another 200 people and security personnel.
- While majority of the deaths occurred in the Bataclan concert venue, around 80000 football fans in the Stade de France (National Stadium of France) came under the deadliest attacks who were watching a friendly match between France and Germany.
- To deal with impending attacks, France President Francois Hollande, who was at the venue during the attack, immediately convened an emergency cabinet meeting outside the stadium and announced a state of emergency.