Rurban Mission inaugurated in Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi launched the ambitious ‘Rurban Mission’ for development of 300 villages across the country.
- The mission is aimed at improving country’s basic infrastructure, at Dongargarh in Chhattisgarh.
- The Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban (rural-urban) project will focus on improving infrastructural facilities such as power lines, shelters, roads, drinking water connections and drainage, and creating community assets such as schools, colleges and health centers.
42nd Khajuraho Dance Festival in Madhya Pradesh
- The festival began in the temple town of Khajuraho, Chhattarpur district in Madhya Pradesh.
- It began with Odissi group dance of Ranjna Gauher and others.
- The festival will showcase classical dances, including Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Odissi and Kuchipudi, depicting the ancient tales like Mahishasur Mardini’ and ‘Krishna Rasa,’.
Faustin Archange Touadera won 2016 Presidential election of Central African Republic
- Faustin Archange Touadera has won the 2016 Presidential election of Central African Republic (CAR) held on 14 February 2016.
- He defeated Georges Anicet Dologuele of Union for Central African Renewal Party who had obtained just over or 37.3 percent or 413,000 votes.
MD of IMF : Christine Lagarde for 2nd term
- Christine Lagarde (60) from France has been appointed as the MD of the International Monetary Fund for a second five-year term.
- She was sole candidate nominated for the post and was re-nominated by IMF’s Executive Board decision taken by consensus.
- Her new term will start on 5th July 2016 till 2021.
MoU signed between India and Armendia on cooperation in Agriculture.
- It was signed by Agriculture minister Radha Mohan singh and Armenian agriculture minister Sergo Karapetyan.
- MoU provides for setting up of a joint working group (JWG) and preparation of work plans in priority areas of farm sector.
Public Investment Board (PIB) approved Rs 800 crore proposal of India Post for setting up of payment bank.
- it will be placed before the Cabinet within a month for final approval.
- The department is in the process of finalising the selection of a consultant for setting up India Post’s payments bank.
Italian author novelist Umberto Eco passes away.
- He was 84. Umberto Eco a philosopher who wrote best-selling novels including “The Name of the Rose”.
- He had been suffering from cancer. Eco was born on January 5, 1932, at Alessandria in the northern Italian region of Piedmont.
New Military Chief of North Korea : Ri Myong Su
यदि नहीं तो अभी देखिये और अपनी परीक्षा की तैयारी के लिये अपडेट रहिये -
- North Korean state media has confirmed the country has a new military chief, following earlier reports in Seoul that the former holder of the post had been executed.
Record : Brendon McCullum scored fastest hundred in Test cricket.
- Brendon McCullum has , a 54-ball effort that broke the record jointly held by Viv Richards and Misbah-ul-Haq.
- McCullum was the captain of the new Zealand test team.
Hockey India League 2016 : Punjab Warriors win
- The Jaypee Punjab Warriors has won the fourth edition of Coal India Hockey India League (HIL) title 2016.
- The Jaypee Punjab Warriors finally struck gold to become third-time lucky as they clinched their Hockey India League (HIL) title at the Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium in Ranchi.
MP and Rajasthan sets up Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) for Smart City Plan implementation.
- SPVs have been setup for five cities – Jabalpur, Indore and Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jaipur and Udaipur in Rajasthan.
Swachh Himachal Padhai bhi, Safai bhi campaign launched in Dharamsala.
- With this, HPCA became first cricket association in this country to work towards Swatch Bharat Abhiyan initiated by the Union Government.
India & Nepal signed seven agreements.
- Agreements were signed in for cooperation in various fields.
- These agreements were signed at a summit meeting of PM Narendra Modi and his visiting Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli in New Delhi.
- This is first official foreign visit of K.P. Sharma Oli after he became Prime Minister of Nepal.
Five hot Jupiter like planes discovered by Scientists
- The newly discovered planets were designated as WASP-119 b, WASP-124 b, WASP-126 b, WASP-129 b and WASP-133 b.
- They orbit very close to their host stars and hot compared to Jupiter.
Vibrant North East event concluded in Guwahati.
- The three-day long Vibrant North East event concluded in Guwahati, Assam. It was inaugurated on 18 February 2016 by Union Minister Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur.
- It was the second edition of the event jointly organized by the Centre for Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD) and ASSOCHAM.