“Swachh Paryatan”, mobile application launched by the central Govt.
- Ministry of tourism launched the Swachh Paryatan application in cooradination with Culture ministry.
- The mobile app aims to to facilitate general public to communicate their complaints about any unclean area/garbage piles in and around tourist destinations.
ONGC approved Rs. 5050 cr investment in Tripura
- Public Sector oil major ONGC approves investment of Rs. 5050 crore in Tripura for drilling of wells and creation of surface facilities to produce 5.1 mmscmd gas from the states fields.
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has announced to develop northeast region as a dominant hydrocarbon hub as part of its Hydrocarbon Vision 2030.
Katni in Madhya Pradesh to have longest railway bridge of India.
- Katni in Madhya Pradesh to have India’s longest railway bridge of 14 km in length.
- It is three and half folds longer than the Vembanad rail Bridge that connects Edappally and Vallarpadam of 4.6 Km in length.
- Its total length would be 21 Km included the down line of the bridge would be 7 Km .
CII signed MoU with Dubai Exports for boost in Trade.
- It aims to strengthen the India-UAE economic ties.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has signed an MoU with Dubai Exports to boost trade and explore business opportunities.
- CII has signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Dubai Exports, which works with other Dubai Government Departments to simplify the export process.
India continue to remain largest arms importer of the world
- India remained world’s largest arms importer accounting for 14 percent of the global arms imports in 2011-5 time.
- It was revealed in report on international arms transfers released by a global think-tank, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- Top arms importers are:
- India (14%), China (4.7%), Australia (3.6%), Pakistan (3.3%), Vietnam (2.9%) and South Korea (2.6%).
Renowned and noted singer Bhuvandeshwari Mishra passes away.
- She was 67. She hails from Odisha and was one of the talented artist. She was renowned as classical and playback singer.
- The classical singer began her career with the song ‘Tiki Mora Naa Ti’ for the mythological Odia movie Krushna Sudama in the 1970s.
Malayalam film ‘Ottal’ wins award at Berlin Film Festival.
- “Ottal” has been named as best children’s film at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival and honored with the Crystal Bear award in the ‘Generation KPlus’ section.
- The film is about the story of an old fisherman and his grandson directed by Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair.
MD of NCRTC : Vinay Kumar Singh
यदि नहीं तो अभी देखिये और अपनी परीक्षा की तैयारी के लिये अपडेट रहिये -
- Indian Railway Officer Vinay Kumar Singh has been appointed as MD of National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC).
- Prior to this appointment, he was working with Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a railway PSU involved in the study of high speed rail corridors.
Haryana became first state in India to have Aquifer mapping.
- A new mapping technique is to be introduced in Haryana to find out the exact location of the Aquifer Rocks by May.
- Aquifer rock is an underground layer ofwater bearing rock which has groundwater stored in it.
United State Air force tests Minuteman missile frm California.
- US InterContinental Ballistic Missile Minuteman 3 was launched from Vandenberg Air force Base in California.
- The missile blasted off at 34 PM towards west base of Los Angeles.
Indian-origin Sikh appointed as Police Commissioner of Kuala Lumpur
- Prior to his appointment, he was deputy commissioner.
- He will replace Tajuudin Mohammed.
- He is highest ranked police officer from the Malaysian Sikh community.
Bihar became sixth state to join the UDAY Scheme.
- Bihar is the sixth state to join this UDAY scheme.
- It is the second Non-UPA state after Uttar Pradesh to join this scheme.
- It will help the debt ridden distribution system of the state to save 9000 crores in the next 3 years.
Also Check: Free Online Railway NTPC Prtactice Test
About UDAY :
UDAY(Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) is a tripartite memorandum between Bihar government, state Discoms and the Power ministry for the revival of debt ridden state distribution utilities to save 9000 crores.