IBPS – The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the examination for IBPS RRB Assistant & Officers for the qualified candidates. It is an entry level job in all public sector banks. RRB stands for Regional Rural Bank and through IBPS RRB the recruitment is done only for rural banks of India.
However, to join regional rural bank of country and avail all its perks, it is mandatory to clear the IBPS RRB Prelims and Main exam. The examination tests the candidates on the basis of speed, accuracy and awareness in all the activities.
Important Tips to keep in mind while preparing for IBPS RRB Exam
- Know the Syllabus: The prerequisite for preparing for any competitive exam is to know the syllabus properly. Check for the syllabus on the IBPS website. Start planning for preparation by covering all the topics. All the subjects hold equal importance and value. Knowing the syllabus will let you plan for the weak areas first so that more time is devoted on them. There is no such guideline on how many days are required to cover the syllabus. It all depends upon your skills and retention power.
- Time Management: Making a time-table and study plan will help you prepare in a disciplined manner. Make a time table as soon as you plan to start preparing. Divide the time into all subjects. Skipping the time-table should not be an option as it can hamper the whole routine. Be strict to your time table and give it a priority. Time management will also be useful in your exam as it will help you to divide time to solve questions of different sections.
- Step by Step Preparation: Pick topics step by step. Don’t rush yourself while preparing. Topic wise study is recommended if you wish to be thorough in the basics. Don’t revise multiple topics at a time. Complete a topic and then move further.
- Update Yourself: Keep yourself updated regarding any notification about the exam by visiting its website. Read newspapers, magazines and general knowledge and current affairs books to enhance your all-round awareness. Practice increasing your core skills viz. reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Practice: The more you practice, the more confident you will get about the syllabus. Solve as many mock tests as possible. Take up last year question papers and solve them in real time. During the practice, keep the time factor in mind. Don’t take too much time to solve a particular question. Practice on increasing your speed too. You can also attempt our Free IBPS RRB Mock Test to check your knowledge.
- Study Material: Choose your study material wisely. Buy authorised IBPS RRB preparation books only which can validate their data. It is an essential part of your preparation that the study material you choose is complete and error free. If required, join institutes pertaining to IBPS examination. You can also see tutorials online to solve any doubt. Try practicing short-cuts for solving lengthy problems.
- Makes Notes for Revision: Last moment revision is necessary to brush up the basics of all the topics. Make notes covering shortcut formulas, tricks and key pointers to save time at the end. This is a time saving strategy as you do not have to flip through pages of books if you have notes on important topics handy.
- Stay focussed: Last but not the least, stay focussed and true to your goal. Do not divert your mind from the preparation. Keep calm and stop thinking about the results. Have healthy food and enough sleep. Direct your focus on studies only. Taking too much stress causes anxiety which will be reflected in examination. Refrain from taking books to the examination hall.
Monazir Ansari is a digital marketer and content writer by profession. He associated with the education industry since last 2 years. Written content for several competition books including IBPS and PO exams, UPSC, etc.