15 September 2015 Daily current affairs / GK / GA: Gujarat ranked at top in ease of doing business in india according to a report by world bank.
- World Bank released a report titled Assessment of State Implementation of Business Reforms in New Delhi under the aegis of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- All States were assessed over a six-month period from January to June 2015 on the basis of percentage scores in a 98-point reforms agenda.
- The largest recipients of foreign investments Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu were placed at eighth and twelfth position with less than 50 per cent scores.
India’s largest lender bank SBI launched credit card for online shopping.
- SBI Card, a leading credit card issuer strategic partnership with 7 of India’s biggest e-commerce players for its newest offering, the SimplyCLICK SBI Card.
- This is billed as the first-ever credit card that is focused on online shopping across diverse categories.
- For this new credit card, SBI Card has partnered Amazon India, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, FabFurnish, Food Panda, Lens Kart and Ola Cabs — all frontrunners in their respective categories.
RBI and Nepal Rashtra Bank signed MoU on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information.
- MoU was signed by RBI’s Executive Director Meena Hemchandra and Nepal Rastra Bank’s ED Narayan Prasad Paudel in New Delhi.
- Through this Mou, RBI seeks to promote greater co-operation and share supervisory information among the authorities.
Meeting of Like-Minded Developing Countries (LMDCs) on Climate Change was held in new Delhi.
- It was held for first time in india for two days from 14 September to 15 September 2015.
- It aims to exchange, coordinate and harmonize views on the negotiating text for the Conference of Parties-21 (COP-21) of the UNFCC to be held in Paris in December 2015.
- UNFCC stands for United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Malcomlm Turnbull sworned in as 29th PM of Austrailia.
- He is also the former communication minister of Austrailia.
- He became fouth PM of austrailia since 2013.
- Turnbull gained the power as leader of the ruling centre-right Liberal Party after defeating Tony Abbott in an internal party leadership ballot.
- In the ballot, Abbott received 44 votes while Turnbull received 54 votes.
FreeCharge partnered with Yes Bank , Fino PayTech to launch Wallet Solution.
- FreeCharge has partnered with Yes Bank and payment bank licensee Fino PayTech to launch the service, which will go live in a few weeks.
- The company claims that its wallet is able to reduce checkout times to under 10 seconds.
- FreeCharge already has a credit-based wallet-like feature in its app called ‘FreeCharge Credits’, that gets credited when a transaction is unsuccessful.
- By partnering with a payment bank licensee, FreeCharge can integrate the wallet with savings bank accounts via IMPS and NEFT transfers and issue ATM and debit cards.
200 people in Sastamnada village of Keral pledged organs for donation.
- The Kerala Network of Organ Sharing was launched by the Department of Health as registry.
- Now, 200 people from the Sastamnada village will give letters stating their intent to donate their organs to the KNOS nodal officer Dr. Noble Gracious on September 20.
- The KNOS website shows that the waitlist for kidneys is 1083 at this point.
- More people coming forward to donate organs will help those in need is the KNOS opinion. Last year there were only 58 cadaver donors in the state.
International financial Cooperation’s “Suryoday” programme in rural rajasthan.
- IFC’s Lighting India program that aims to provide safe, affordable, and quality solar lights to people with limited or no access to electricity, is increasing the availability of solar lighting products in rural parts of Rajasthan through a consumer awareness campaign, Suryoday.
- IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and a global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
Paytm introduced cashless payments in educational institutions.
- It will enable users to pay school fees and dues, cafeteria bill, buy uniforms, books and merchandise.
- Paytm is the country’s India’s largest mobile commerce platform.
- it has tied up with several premium educational institutions from pre-schools to colleges such as IIT Mandi, Universal Education Trust, KN Modi University, Vidyamandir Classes, Made Easy, Career Launcher, Jamboree, Primus Public School, Bengaluru and Swaminarayan Gurukul Vidyalaya, among others.
Brian Close, former Captain of England and Yorkshire died.
- He is the youngest player to have won a Test cap for England, making his debut as an 18-year-old against New Zealand in 1949.
- Close, who was known for his brave batting, captained his country seven times in 22 Tests, and led Yorkshire to four County Championship titles.
Read full : September 2015 daily current affairs
Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry recognized the Indian Kalarippayattu Federation as Regional Sports Federation.
- This steps aims to promote and give due acknowledgement and importance to sports having regional spread.
- This recognition grants a major role to the Indian Kalarippayattu Federation (IKF) in promoting and developing Kalarippayattu sport in India.
- Kalaripayattu sport is a Martial art sport that is performed in Southern state of Kerala and in some parts of Tamil Nadu.